Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The new face of ISIS
ShiftyNJ Wrote:How is this different than the Klan, gangs or militias in the States?

Are you being quite serious??

You think the "klan" (what klan) or gangs or "militias" pose as much threat as Islam and isis?

Well done clever clogs.

Well loads of british boys are fighting with isis too and SAS hero Chris Ryan has warned us
http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=...3ZJBWCKU9g

And at home..
http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=...5VXMaaUoUw

This little shit isn't Mulism at all, he doesn't undertand a fucking word of Arabic and yet pretend to defend what? They are going to kill more Muslims than non-Muslim and they don't even realize it. As rareboy mention in Canada I just learned that les than 36 hours from now a Gunman entered parliament in Ottawa and open fire and killed a soldier - then he got killed, 2 weeks ago in the Military region of St-Jean Sur le Richelieu, another troubled fake muslim bumped into two militaries and yet got killed. In both cases they claimed to have worked for Allah. Well, I'm not going to enter a religion talk here because Allah, Yavhe and Jehovah are toxic gods to me and so much open to interpretation by any fundamentalist religious assholes. However, I do know about Islam and real Islam does not preach violence. But now my friends in Paris, Algeria, Canada, Morrocco, USA who are Muslim are getting worried and scared for their family and people who will become target for dumbasses who will not be able to make the difference between extremist dumbfucks.

Should I start walking around with my long knives, my swords and start doing what I was trained to do as soon as I encounter one of those little asswipes agitating- OFF with their heads. Yet I'd be thrown in jail for doing so.

It's going to happen. People who are disillusioned with the west will go and join ISIS. Also paranoid people who believe the government is out to get them, will probably join ISIS.

Originally ISIS wasn't as radical as it is now. Leadership changed and then they became intolerant. They started to commit massacres on innocent people who were ethnically and religiously different from them.

This is far too large and complex of an issue to have the proper discussion here on GS. The one's in the news may be the disenfranchised loners, but they are likely in the minority.

Spin the clock back 60 years to the 1950's and the 'greasers' of that era. There is not much difference, except one was a lot more innocent in hindsight. I would guess that the rebels of the 50's invoked unknown fear for on the 1950's society.

The issue is about rebellion and turning against authority (whether that authority be 'the west' or the police or religion or the government or even the next door neighbour who said you could not date his son or daughter). And face it, the rebel is romanticized by a lot. I do not know enough of the gay side, but on the hetero side it seems that a lot of women like the 'bad boy' image.

In our society, this is the bad boy image being shown. I imagine in the future it will even be worse.

I know where the mountains are. They seem safe.

ShiftyNJ Wrote:How is this different than the Klan, gangs or militias in the States?

Same target audience (the marginalized/disenfranchized), similar tactics (give the illusion of being included, solidarity, hold up a scapegoat, even if illogical), same tragic results.

The Klan, gangs and militias in the US aren't on missions from a god to take over the world and kill everyone who doesn't convert to their religion. Read up on some history and you'll find out Islam has been on a constant offensive since the year 711 to completely dominate Europe and then the rest of the world. All that saved the Austrian Empire from being conquered in the early 1500s was a real bad weather and Europeans finally hired mercenaries to fight back more ruthlessly than regular Christian people were willing to. Their rhetoric, goals and tactics have not changed in 14 centuries except with the advances of modern technology.

I hate to say it but you're retrofitting "truth" to line up with your own pre-existing beliefs... the same way Christians do it when they start out with, "okay, here's what we believe, now let's cook up some "facts" to go with it."

I don't like the Klan, gangs or militias more than you do but I'm not going to compare apples to shoeboxes in order to rationalize my own political ideology. Everyone needs to know the facts of this issue so they can develop INFORMED RATIONAL opinions --- and avoid statements like you made.

It's discussions like this that really disappoint men whether they are online or in person. The disappointment is about my respect for elders and their supposed wisdom that us younger people can learn from --- but in this discussion it's clear to me the elders represented here know less about this subject than I do. I've read and studied in order to understand this issue because it is the biggest global issue that will face my generation and possibly the next three or four.

Only deepu69 and spilovn seem to have any idea of some of the basic facts about this. Jake was off to a decent start until he wrote "I do know about Islam and real Islam does not preach violence" which is totally false to anyone who's read the Quran, Haddiths and any other Islamic material other than what apologists and manipulative politicians try to lead people to believe. It's more false than saying the Bible also doesn't preach violence, superstition and hatred based in bronze age tribalism from the middle east.

Some of my closest friends and sources for knowledge about this are secular Muslims who've escaped from Islamic nations and culture because they know the truth and are afraid of it that most Westerners cannot absorb because they are stuck in "western mentality" which makes it impossible for them to understand the reality of this issue.

I'm not going to write a long rant about this but is ANY OF YOU want to know so you may build your opinions on facts rather than butt wind all you have to do is PM me and I'll give you links to sources on history back to 350 BC, Warfare in the middle east back to the 7th century, The expansion of Islam, The uneditted Quran and Haddiths in English, or anything else that will help on the way to understanding this issue.

Other than that, I'm done with this thread.

i think this is absolutely sick. and i admit i have no idea what the fuck is going on in the head of those who join that bullshit. this goes beyond my logic.

Virge Wrote:The Klan, gangs and militias in the US aren't on missions from a god to take over the world and kill everyone who doesn't convert to their religion. Read up on some history and you'll find out Islam has been on a constant offensive since the year 711 to completely dominate Europe and then the rest of the world. All that saved the Austrian Empire from being conquered in the early 1500s was a real bad weather and Europeans finally hired mercenaries to fight back more ruthlessly than regular Christian people were willing to. Their rhetoric, goals and tactics have not changed in 14 centuries except with the advances of modern technology.

I hate to say it but you're retrofitting "truth" to line up with your own pre-existing beliefs... the same way Christians do it when they start out with, "okay, here's what we believe, now let's cook up some "facts" to go with it."

I don't like the Klan, gangs or militias more than you do but I'm not going to compare apples to shoeboxes in order to rationalize my own political ideology. Everyone needs to know the facts of this issue so they can develop INFORMED RATIONAL opinions --- and avoid statements like you made.

Easy, friend, I was not excusing or downplaying what's going on.

I just was pointing out that this happens in other contexts as well, with the same audience and same tactics.

Christians are not immune either. Crusades much? I think the difference is now that most Christians (or people -- perhaps more accurately -- people whose ancestors were Christians) no longer care about religion or don't take it seriously enough to be drawn into something like this, where is Islam is still culturally ingrained and (as you point out) in many places interwoven with the law so that it affects you whether you believe in it or not.

spilovn Wrote:Are you being quite serious??

You think the "klan" (what klan) or gangs or "militias" pose as much threat as Islam and isis?

Well done clever clogs.

Well loads of british boys are fighting with isis too and SAS hero Chris Ryan has warned us
http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=...3ZJBWCKU9g

i never said that. I was just pointing out that the recruiting tactics are the same... have been used again and again throughout history, because they work.

"Look at them, they're not like us. They're the reason our lives are shit. Join us and help us put them down, before they take our stuff and indoctrinate our children."

IF you think about it, how is this different than:
- Klan
- Crusades
- Nazis /neo-nazis
- Russian persecution of gays (current)
- African persecution of gays (current)
- Gangs

They all capitalize on discontent by singling out a scapegoat group and using it to rally and focus people's anger and energy.

Oh, and just thinking on this more, further examples that Muslims do not hold a patent on this kind of mentality, let's not forget that the perpetrators of the Halocaust, to say nothing of the colonization of Africa and the Americas, with the forced conversion, enslavement, and in many cases genocide of their native peoples, which have caused social problems across much of the world that still haunt us today, were at least nominally Christians.