Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The not so Incredible Hulk
The Incredible Hulk is opening tomorrow and I'm not dying of enthuasism.I've seen the trailers but they don't invoke that feeling Spiderman trailers usually give me. It's one of those superhero franchires that I never really got into.Maybe it's because the character isn't as prominent as Peter Parker or Clark Kent as I know their stories through and through.I watched the first movie with Eric Bana and was kind of disappointed.Maybe I don't like my CGI being interrupted by emotional storylines.Now Edward Norton has been cast in the title character,which was wtf decision to me,maybe he's going to pull a Robert Downey?Overall,I'm not watching this.

[quote=Dan1089]Maybe I don't like my CGI being interrupted by emotional storylines.quote]

YEAH! WE WANT ACTION!

Wow, I dont watch much commercial tv so havent even seen a trailer for this. I had no idea it was coming out...

Agreed Dan. Never really much into the character.

I just saw the newest SpiderMan and was a bit disappointed. Way too cartoonish on the CGI than with the last ones.

I think the Incredible Hulk always has a bit of an uphill struggle because whilst many people seem able to relate to the conflict that he as a character explores in himself (being a brilliant scientist and benevolent man on the one hand as Bruce Banner, and the primal, passion-driven and hot-headed Incredible Hulk on the other (many people seem to relate to that for some reason)), my personal view is that people are generally more skeptical of Hulk titles because of the mediocre releases that have gone before.

To my mind, not since the days of Lou Ferrigno has the Incredible Hulk been done well ('coz that boy was just SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOT), and yeah - whilst I do like Eric Bana as an actor, I thought the Hulk was a PANTS movie - the camera angles constantly switching was clever, but bled the enjoyment out of the action for me ... PLUS the Hulk himself is not a very complicated character - he's an alter ego, and so he's easy enough to understand, so it doesn't really stretch your imagination that far watching him in action. HULK BASH !!

HAVING SAID ALL THAT, however, I will be going to the movies to watch it, purely because I'm a Marvel Superhero SLUT :redface:.

I feared that Ghost Rider was going to be pants, and it surprised me - I feared Iron Man wouldn't live up to the hype, and it did ... I'm hoping I'll be pleasantly surprised by this title too Confusedmile:.

xx

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

Shadow Wrote:...
I feared that Ghost Rider was going to be pants, and it surprised me - I feared Iron Man wouldn't live up to the hype, and it did ... I'm hoping I'll be pleasantly surprised by this title too Confusedmile:.

xx

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

Iron Man is good, is it??? Thought Marsh and I might go and see it if it's showing in the original version in Geneva. Don't know if it'll still be on when her returns in six weeks. SIX WEEKS *sobs, sick and weak*

Yeah I really enjoyed Iron Man to be honest - I had feared that they would make it really cheesy, but it was very good fun - humourous in parts, VERY good action in other parts - great pace, and thoroughly watchable I felt Confusedmile:.

xx

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

Shadow Wrote:Yeah I really enjoyed Iron Man to be honest - I had feared that they would make it really cheesy, but it was very good fun - humourous in parts, VERY good action in other parts - great pace, and thoroughly watchable I felt Confusedmile:.

xx

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

It DID look as if the choice of Robert Downey Jr was not so bad after all... He's still sexy. Wink
All the rest is technique.

He is?! :confused: Different studs for different folks I guess. :biggrin:

Dan1089 Wrote:He is?! :confused: Different studs for different folks I guess. :biggrin:

So, come on Dan, who would YOU have chosen for the part if you'd been the casting director??? Picture(s) please.

HOW DO YOU ATTACH IMAGES?!!Step by step.