Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The people on GaySpeak
I googled for a forum when i cracked the book open on coming out and was heavily distressed. It has now become a dictionary and guide i keep in my back pocket. My secret directory to function in a gay culture. I depend on the knowledge of the people here to guide me in the rest of my life. so far im half way through coming out, i just came out to one of my big time friends the other day. I hold this community close to my heart. unlike other forums, the friends i have made here have yet to fade.

tbh with you, i've been here for a day XD lol

Aww danks shweetie pie :Luvya: .

I actually came across this site by accident and decided to stop on by and have a cup of tea Smile . Well actually, I kinda was low when I came upon this site, after dropping out of college ( which in my opinion I started too soon after high school- but that's a long story darlin' Wink ) and decided to put myself out there to see what I'd get back in return and it seems to me I must've lurved what I got back cause I'm still here about 10 months later, even though I've been alittle inconsistent recently Sad , though I'm trying Imu2 .

I think what I love da mostest, is the fact that everyone here is fabulous Dazzler1 in ttheir own way and have so much personality and love to share , even if it's through a computer based medium . Smile

Mrmatty77 Wrote:Aww, Thanks ^_^

I joined sometime in the spring due to my overwhelming lonliness and needed to talk to some people who understood (I'm so deep in the closet, you'd have to travel halfway across narnia to find me in yet another closet.) I left cause a people was being rude and I was tired of it. I came back cause I have no friends irl that are on this island and I wanted someone to talk to. yup yup.

You came back to the right place, Mr Matty.... Glad you could find your way back through the tunnel.... from Narnia or wherever it was you found yourself so lonely. Bighug

Pix Wrote:Over a year ago (Actually late August, I didn't come here until September on 2011) I moved somewhere nice where I didn't have most of my old friends anymore, and while I still do jobs I tend to do them in spurts because of gas concerns (which involved a lot of delivery in the area I used to live) so I have a lot more free time as well.

At first I tried a lesbian site but for some strange reason it said my hotmail address was banned even though I never heard of them and the only lesbian site I ever joined was actually just IMDB talk on The L Word (that is, not really lesbian, just the majority of others there to talk about that show were). I expanded my search and came here and answered a couple on impulse not sure if I was going to stay, but stay I did.

And I stay because I like the company. Confusedmile:

Thanks, Pix and since this site is open not only to gay males but also to gay females, lesbians, transsexuals, bisexuals, and even normal heteros, lol.... I think it makes it pretty inclusive. We are glad to have you here. You provide a lot of very interesting info.... for which I thank you (maybe in the name of all GaySpeakers??)
A rainbow hug to you, dear.
Bighug

Please, Fenris, don't leave... Be the occasional guest, if you will.. We love having you here and your particular insight for gay situations and problems. You've share your experiences with us and there's often something to be learnt from them. I also love to hear about your pets... TurtleDogrunPuppyTwisterCatOink2Oink2Oink2Oink2Oink2FuzzBlackbatChicken

Rawr Wrote:I joined in either late 2009 or early 2010... I think it was 2009 but I can't remember. I found the forum by searching for some information on Google, which linked me to a thread on this forum. For the next few days I lurked around, looking through previous threads and posts.

I joined the forum under the user name ~D5~, why I chose that user name is beyond me. Later on I changed it to Dark Angel. I didn't contribute much, mostly due to my own indecisiveness similar to now. I deleted my account as I was using Gay speak as an excuse to neglect coursework. However, after a month I realized that I missed gay speak due to it's amazing community and signed up with the new user name Rawr.
I can vouch for you that you've been in the community for a long while, probably one of the longest GaySpeakers to have written in this thread, for the moment. I personally miss Marshlander not being part of the community any more (for the moment). He'll just have to share my account from time to time when he's here, in France.

I've been here since the beginning of 2008. The site hadn't been up for very long. Marshlander and I had just been disconnected from a site that just gave up called uk.Gay.Com. or something similar, where we'd learnt to have some really lively discussions with all sorts of members (some rather ruder, wildre and more provocative, or flirty than those on this site). Yes, this site is pretty sedate, mostly compared to other sites I've been a member of, but I like the atmosphere too.

How I got here? Well it's Shadow 's fault: this man here http://gayspeak.com/member.php?u=1244 who's not visited GaySpeak recently, but he'll probably still be lurking.

Shadow and Michael (no longer on the site) and Marshlander and I had met on Gay.com.uk (or whatever) and when the site fell, Marshlander and I didn't join anything for a few months, but kept in touch regularly through MSN with Shadow and Michael and Fred etc......

Eventually Shadz said he'd found a great site, with fabulous people and insisted that Marshlander and I joined. We listened to him. Well, it was friendly enough, even if it wasn't always very vocal about political issues etc. It has been more political in recent times with the elections in the States.

I keep coming because I'm a man of habits, I suppose, and also because there are many people I enjoy the friendship of on this site (you should see the length of my friends' list, haha Wink). Some have disappeared from the site and I miss them, but new people join and then we get to make new friends. Life goes on.

I think I can truthfully say that one of my best experiences on here is meeting Joseph. (this gay man here: http://gayspeak.com/member.php?u=1910 ) This particular gay friend helped us to see the difficulties of growing up gay and with a learning disability. We've since enjoyed many cards, phone calls, chats etc... together even though we've never met in real life; Joseph is very real to me / to us.

This particular friendship belittles in no way all the other friendships I have struck up here. I've met some of you in real life. Sudanese was one of them. From the remote city of Khartoum, he now works in England quite close to where Marshlander has his boat. I know that Shadow and Genersis have met, I know that Dave met his Pancakes on this site and then became a couple.

One day, I wonder if we'll ever get the GaySpeak reunion going. We've been toying with the idea of taking us all to Fredericton to party with Xrimo.... (I wonder if he still thinks that Xena rules in his opinion?) We also met the wonderful and expressive Frank here although his elderly parents' situation and his poor health took him away from GaySpeak. I'm still in touch with many of you either here or on facebook or through mobile phone numbers.

It would be fun to meet everyone too, but honestly it'll never happen. It would be too complicated. Nevertheless, I don't despair of meeting some of you, one day and sharing a cup of tea, coffee, cake, cookies, barbecue, you name it. :biggrin: I'm a good cook and good host, so I'm told. Confusedmile:

Good luck to all, and be blessed by whatever spiritual thing you believe in (I'd call mine LIFE ConfusedmileSmile
Take care.
Mexicanwave Mexicanwave
PS thanks JIsTheNewK Bighug
I too would like to thank Andy for letting us use this site. He's made great improvements, but gratefully (I'd say), not so many as to disturb the ongoing life of GaySpeak.
Herz Herz Herz Herz Herz Herz Herz Herz Herz Herz Herz Herz Herz Herz Herz

And for those who care (or ask) I wrote Marshlander in green and red, the green is the countryside around him and the green man in him, the red is his heart... it's in the right place.

MarshHerzander

Hard to believe it's been a year already. I am here because of Zet, actually. He and his frightening train story was the reason why I started posting more.
No matter how clichéd it may sound, GS and it's members gave me my life back and made it more colorful than it ever had been.