Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The rant / vent thread
Something pissing you off?? Rant about it here!

-------

Argh my family keep stealing my food!! I only eat specific things, namely best of both bread, vanilla mullerlight yoghurts, nutrigrain bars, greeny-yellow bananas, shreddies for breakfast that kind of thing. Thing is when my mum goes shopping she never buys any of that, so I pay her rent and then have to go do my own shopping.

I buy it and within a couple of days I have to go replace it all coz they've left the stuff she bought and eaten my bloody stuff without even asking!! It's getting right on my nerves! I feel like I shouldn't say anything coz I eat some of the stuff she buys, but then I think, well I pay towards that... she doesn't give ME anything towards mine or replace any of it when she goes shopping... so hmmmm!!!

I wouldn't mind but I looked through my bank statements and I spent £80 on shopping last month just for myself. That's what 10% of my wages more or less? I can't afford to be spending that really, considering about 10% goes on petrol, 40% on rent, 10% on loan, 10% on car insurance... thats without all my other lil bills etc.

I so need to get out of this house grrr!

Dude!I LOVE BEST OF BOTH BREAD,LOVE IT!Okay...for the rants,I can't really complain.I'm happy and content...for the moment!

Too true! We should start a Hovis Best of Both Appreciation society!

My parents would do the same thing Smurlos. I would barely have energy to cook so made a big pot of whatever... I was hoping it would last me a good three or four days but then my parents would eat it all in a day. I wouldnt mind if they were bed-ridden or something like that but they both know how to cook = I am just better at it.

So glad to be in my own house now & all is very good.

There was a period in my youth (my late teenage years) where my mum would accuse me of hording food (and I do remember doing it - it was WELL funny).

I did it because I didn't want people nicking all my favourite stuff from the shopping, but it kinda went the other way in that people were so afraid to nick my stuff, half of it went off 'coz I couldn't eat it fast enough myself !!

It's an awkward situation to be in to be sure ... there aren't a lot of overtly diplomatic ways of dealing with it to be honest, not without inciting bad feeling on both sides, but as it's so plainly narking you off, I'd favour open discussion with your mum, but perhaps that's just me Confusedmile:.

*offers Baby Smurlos a Vanilla Müllerlight*

xx

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

FJP999, I think you should open a GS postal free food for all scheme!

Our internet is so SLOW.

Dan1089 Wrote:Our internet is so SLOW.

I was about to say whats that got to do with... and then I realised this is the rant thread :biggrin:

Aww dude *hugs* Totally feel your pain. My net is fine *touches lots and lots of wood* for the moment... laptop is being a bit of a snail though grrr!

At least you're the only person in control of your toppie.My laptop has a mind of it's own or is being controlled by some hacker nerd in Oklahoma.Anyway,I've got a MOUNTAIN of paperwork to get through tonight.Guess it's going to be another all-nighter...

Dan1089 Wrote:At least you're the only person in control of your toppie.My laptop has a mind of it's own or is being controlled by some hacker nerd in Oklahoma.Anyway,I've got a MOUNTAIN of paperwork to get through tonight.Guess it's going to be another all-nighter...

Know the feeling... unfortunately :frown: I have lots and lots of papers to correct by tomorrow morning and the marks just have to be entered by 7:30 so I'll get back to it in a minute, but wanted to say hello to everyone. So, Good Luck, Dan, dear with that mountain of paperwork. Shall we keep in touch to see how it's evolving? Lol. Rolleyes
Allez, courage!!