Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The relationship over the pet?
Anyone ever been in a relationship where you might have felt that, if pressed, your partner would choose his pet over you? Recipe for disaster?

if i was in a relationship with someone who had a pet , then i would very much hope that she put her pet first . if i asked my girlfriend to give up her dog to be with me , then i'd be a terrible person and i would hope that she would tell me to f**k off ~

pets are not accessories , people .

megumidesu Wrote:if i was in a relationship with someone who had a pet , then i would very much hope that she put her pet first . if i asked my girlfriend to give up her dog to be with me , then i'd be a terrible person and i would hope that she would tell me to f**k off ~

pets are not accessories , people .

Pets may not be accessories, but neither are they people. They're animals, and therefore inferior. Who would chose the love of an animal over the love of a person?

lots of people . dogs (for example) are much more loyal and loving than many people .

[Image: 42920121753104014923.jpeg]

Anonymous Wrote:Pets may not be accessories, but neither are they people. They're animals, and therefore inferior. Who would chose the love of an animal over the love of a person?

i'm really interested to know what you think makes a pet inferior .
they're living beings , who deserve just as much love and respect that we do . maybe more .

I'm more loyal than a bloody dog and my breath is a lot better too. People are crazy.

Remybussi

a dog wouldn't judge you if you did have bad breath ~

Most animals are loyal only insofar as the food remains available.

MOST animals will be just as loyal to a new OWNER as long as there is food.

Sure, there are exceptional stories about dogs being loyal to their OWNERS.

But no one OWNS another person. A pet is property, just like livestock. An animal doesn't have any sense of self consciousness like a person. A healthy person BONDS with other people in stronger ways than with animals. It's not healthy the other way around...

anyone who asks their boyfriend/girlfriend to give up their pet for any reason does not deserve to be in a relationship with that person

i don't consider pets to be "property"
they're companions .

MmmKayyy.
Thanks for your input. I didn't really want to debate the merits of owning pets. Just looking for a little perspective from those of us who have been relationships where THE PET became an issue.