Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The relationship over the pet?
I think someone needs to deal with their possesiveness and petty jealousy.

Anonymous Wrote:Most animals are loyal only insofar as the food remains available

You know, that's pretty much true of a great many people, too, including loved ones. Many will openly say if a lover isn't making money then kick him to the curb (this is increasingly being applied to women as well).

Granted, not all people leave when the going gets tough, but at the same time I've seen the homeless with pets as well.

Pix Wrote:Granted, not all people leave when the going gets tough, but at the same time I've seen the homeless with pets as well.

i posted this picture in the "cuddle buddies" thread , but i think it highlights your point quite well ~

[Image: tumblr_lxtx2yXj6v1qarp9do1_500.jpg]

Anonymous Wrote:A pet is property, just like livestock.

Btw, while I realize much of what you say is opinion rather than fact I thought I'd throw in something my uncle said. When I was 4 I started crying as calves were stuck to a table and branded and so my uncle who saw me (and I'd tried to get him to make it stop) butchered my favorite cow and told me after I'd already eaten some of her meat (being 4 I didn't fully understand what he was saying, but it sank in after a few days). The reason? To teach me that "cows are livestock, not pets." He's one cold bastard, but even he saw a difference between pets & livestock.

Cowsleep

To be honest I'd choose my cat over anyone. Hes so cute and fluffy and he doesn't have anything negative to say and is always positive and sometimes he chases my mum wool Smile

I think animals are less complicated than people and animals can't get in the way of a relationship only people can u.u

Quote:A pet is property, just like livestock.

I give you no sympathy. Sorry I love animals and I can't see them this way. domesticated animals have become more our companions than anything. You talk about animals as if they are incapable of love.

Why my bf would have a problem with little fluffy I don't know.

[IMG]http://i3.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article844521.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/RC+and+Sherron+Bridges's+pet+bufallo+inside+their+house+in+Quinlan[/IMG]

After a thousand generations dogs are so accepting. I can't see any reason not to accept the bf's dog along with the whole package. If the bf had a high pride of ownership of his junk car would you make him get rid of it?

i'm still really interested to know why you see animals as being so inferior to people ~

is it because we can't speak the same language as them ? (in which case , do you see people who don't speak your language as being inferior also ?)
is it because they rely on us for food / shelter / general care ? what about young children / people with disabilities / the elderly / very sick people who also rely on us for those things ? are they inferior ?

it doesn't make any sense to me .