Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The rise of nationalism in Europe
Sweden, where I come from, has a pretty liberal immigration system. For me, growing up in a multicultural society has been wonderful, but sadly there are some problematic areas where too many immigrants have been placed at once. Combined with their not receiving the proper help to assimilate, these areas have grown into ghettos. Unemployment rates are under control but somewhat high and a lot of people here feel that society as they once knew it is somehow crumbling down. Experts point to viable causes, such as the failed privatizations of our educational institutions, whereas some people choose to blame immigrants instead.

There is only one major political party in the entire country that wishes to heavily decrease the ammounts of immigrants we accept annually. They're supported by approximately 10% of our voters which gives them at least considerable power. The party itself is filled to the brim with racists, homophobes and misogynists. Some of their top members demonize women who go through abortions, claim that women ought to be more careful as to not get raped and homosexuality has several times been likened to paedophilia and bestiality in its degree of perversion. Despite this they do have some LGBT as well as female voters.

In April this year, the political party called Jobbik (Hungary) became the third largest party in the country with more than 20% of all votes. The same tidal wave of extremely unsettling comments made by top members can be found within this party as well. It usually boils down to extreme anti-semitism and homophobia. They're the THIRD largest political party in the country.

These nationalist political parties are growing all over Europe. In their struggle to lower or stop the levels of immigration in their native country, voters all over Europe are granting power to parties filled with racists, misogynists and homophobes. I find this very unsettling to say the least...

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=...b6Wu6k-OGQ

Theres no point in us talking anymore. You are what you are. You made this by your actions, by "you" i mean the people who opened the doors for mass immigration.

I do not care if your unsettled. You should be.

partis Wrote:http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=...b6Wu6k-OGQ

Theres no point in us talking anymore. You are what you are. You made this by your actions, by "you" i mean the people who opened the doors for mass immigration.

I do not care if your unsettled. You should be.

First of all, your sources are always laughably biased and nobody in a reasonable discussion would ever take them seriously. Second of all, even if those numbers are correct, they're completely irrelevant to my post.

My intention was to show how people who fear immigration vote for political parties that are misogynist, racist and homophobic. You've made it clear to everyone that you don't like liberal immigration systems - I'm fine with that and I don't think it makes you racist by default (even if other things you have said in the past certainly are). If you lived in Sweden you would probably be voting for the political party I talked about in my original post. I mean, after all, the issue of immigration is important to you and you want it to stop. But in doing so, you vould vote for a party that doesn't recognize the equality of all human beings.

My mother is afraid of immigration and she's voting for them. My mother is voting for a party whose top members have openly said that women are intellectually inferior to men; whose top members have been caught on video referring to women as whores and cunts.

There's a gay guy at my school who's voting for them. The party who's top members compare him to paedophiles and people who practice bestiality. The party whose top members have openly expressed their complete DISGUST over homosexuality.

These people are not isolated cases either - around 30% of the people who vote for this party are themselves women.

I'm not trying to debate the influences from Islam in western society, I'm saying that people all over Europe are voting for misogynist, homophobic and racist political parties in their attempts to decrease immigration rates.

I think there's alot of areas here to look at more than just homophobic parties.

In UK we have a party called UKIP (UK independence party) which is pushing for leaving of the EU, which to some degree i support I dont think the EU is sustainable to some degree and I think we can make alot more money outside europe.

But as you say they seem to have a very homophobic side to them, however I believe that this is more a smear campaign against them to keep us part of Europe, this could be initialised by people who fear leaving or EU themselves, but due to this it is causing alot of issues with the party getting into power and i dont really think its justified.

What we need to look at more imo is how the political campaigns are run, their needs to be total transparency in their run upto elections, they need to setout a full roadmap of what they will tackle and avoid deviating from that roadmap, so then we know fully what we're voting for and we wont have a bunch of lies thrown at us just so people can get into power.

In Europe, who's against immigration is generally the right-wing of the politics party.
They're also pro Catholic things and Capitalism, and against all of the ethnic/social/ minorities, like LGBT community, legalization of *insert a word* that could make them powerless or less rich.
They are the violent part of the population.
This is simply Contemporary History.

In Italy there's a lot of ignorance, and the right-wing has obviously the more ignorant voters, who constantly made the powerful people even more powerful. We had over 20 years of Berlusconi, which has a ridicoluos sentence few days ago. He will do social works for few hours once a week. Berlusconi was (and actually is) the king of Italian right-wing, and like all his 'friends' he founded an empire (for 20 years he was both one of the richest and powerful man in the world) thanks to Mafia and the Vatican, he was a king of baby-prostitution, corruption and all of these things. And ignorance.
He owns televisions, newspapers and many medias and he used them to make the Italians more ignorant than ever, and he became powerful.

He won, definitely. He is the winner, cause now, we have some right-wing parties like your "Jobbik" which are nationalists and against Europeism, but we also have one of the biggest political party (5 Star Movement) which is supposed to be more on the left area, but which is only made by the ignorance of the people, who doesn't have the ability and education to think. I'm talking about a very low level of thinking, they're not able to think. The leader of this 5 Star Movement is a comic-comedian, an ignorant with a famous blog, where during the years he talked about the 'conspiration, illuminati,' and all of this shit.
He hates Berlusconi and all of the others politicians, so the millions of people who voted him, do the same, but they're not able to think, so they didn't realized that they are like 'the little sons of Berlusconism'. And I think Berlusconi and his liutenats are happy about that, they're not afraid, they're faking, cause manipulate an ignorant person is an easy thing, but manipulate the masses... Is kinda big.
At the moment Berlusconi is the winner, in Italy.
But I think something is really changing, also cause he's old now (around 80) and he's only thinking to protect himself...

Unfortunately, some fringe racist and homophobic elements have been able to recruit under the "anti-immigration" label, too, by focusing on that one issue and promoting the rest of their agenda in more subtle terms.

And once people are sucked in then it's like love so that the other reprehensible traits are easily ignored or rationalized. There have been brain scans done that show how the reasoning parts of the brain shut down and they can even get a pleasure response for ignoring the other bad aspects, which would explain how women and gays can get to support these parties. Naturally, gays can be as discriminatory as anyone else, and there's no real doubt in my mind that the vast majority of them would be just as against gays fully if they weren't gay themselves.

I've encountered one openly gay skinhead ("gayskins" IIRC) group (naturally, they were hated by all the other skinheads) who thought gay white males were the superior form of life while Jewish lesbians the lowest. A couple of years later I managed to stumble to someone who promoted that in a chat room (where I bluffed being a bicurious white male) who may or may not have been connected to that exact group (but certainly agreed with what they had to say) who expanded on how one guy in the Nazi party was supposed to be gay and they revere him more than Hitler (and implied that if the gay guy had run things then Nazi Germany would've won the war) and about how the Romans (also revered) only used inferior women for breeding stock while loving each other (and having sex for fun "as nature intended, too good for inferior females").

Pix Wrote:Unfortunately, some fringe racist and homophobic elements have been able to recruit under the "anti-immigration" label, too, by focusing on that one issue and promoting the rest of their agenda in more subtle terms.

And once people are sucked in then it's like love so that the other reprehensible traits are easily ignored or rationalized. There have been brain scans done that show how the reasoning parts of the brain shut down and they can even get a pleasure response for ignoring the other bad aspects, which would explain how women and gays can get to support these parties. Naturally, gays can be as discriminatory as anyone else, and there's no real doubt in my mind that the vast majority of them would be just as against gays fully if they weren't gay themselves.

I've encountered one openly gay skinhead ("gayskins" IIRC) group (naturally, they were hated by all the other skinheads) who thought gay white males were the superior form of life while Jewish lesbians the lowest. A couple of years later I managed to stumble to someone who promoted that in a chat room (where I bluffed being a bicurious white male) who may or may not have been connected to that exact group (but certainly agreed with what they had to say) who expanded on how one guy in the Nazi party was supposed to be gay and they revere him more than Hitler (and implied that if the gay guy had run things then Nazi Germany would've won the war) and about how the Romans (also revered) only used inferior women for breeding stock while loving each other (and having sex for fun "as nature intended, too good for inferior females").

It's a bizarre phenomenon but, yeah, I'm also aware of gay nazis...

Pix Wrote:Unfortunately, some fringe racist and homophobic elements have been able to recruit under the "anti-immigration" label, too, by focusing on that one issue and promoting the rest of their agenda in more subtle terms.

Thanks, i wanted to say this but couldnt find the words. The fringe elements in ukip are just that, fringe elements and if they have an agenda its not listened to.

partis Wrote:Thanks, i wanted to say this but couldnt find the words. The fringe elements in ukip are just that, fringe elements and if they have an agenda its not listened to.

I don't think she meant what you think she meant Confused

But I could be wrong.

Thks :/ you might be right.

I agreed so much as in an anti-immigration party will also attract homophobic and racist elements and thats something ive come to terms with ukip but not with other’s that came before ukip who had much higher elements.