Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The stupid things we do...
We're all human and have our D'oh! moments... I was working the night shift last night (31st august) and when the date changed at midnight I started dating my paperwork the 32nd August instead of the 1st September... I was so tired my brain didn't even register my mistake until I had dated a page and a half of sign offs, suffice to say I felt like the fool.

So I was just wondering what sort of stupid things some of you might have done lately or in the past that made you say D'oh! :biggrin:

Oh man, that one's gold! Smile

I work in retail so I start up all sorts of conversations with customers as their transactions are being processed. My Do'h moment last week was asking a woman how far along is she...horrified she replied that she wasn't pregnant :redface:

Confusedmile:

I´m very good at such stupid things..... after hours of searching I found my money deepfrozen in the freezer.....

Last week I would clean up my mini-mini-pig-sty.... I though " rubber gloves"... going to the batroom to put them on... and found me minutes later with a pair of socks on my hands :eek:

A while ago.. I walked down the street, deep in my own thoughts ... crashed through a streetlamp... but I was very kind and apologized me very nice to the lamp :eek::eek:

Years ago I walked long after midnight with the dogs in the woods near my home .... hearing some steps behind me ... looked back an saw a giant deer behind me.. but instead of go fast away I wished him a good Morning :eek::eek::eek:

I think thats why my man said that I´m living in my own, dangerous world Wink

Oh Dear Fenris, there is something so attractive about men like you, I guess it brings out the nurturing side of me...cute...and the 32nd day of the month is cute too Smile

Asking a guy out in an elevator. The elevator was crowded. His best friend and colleagues were inside the elevator too.

It was utterly stupid and came with a huge price. But eh, life goes on I guess.

Many stupid things..
But recently.. with working in an international Nike store you see alot of different races and just like you can't tell a german apart from a french until they speak.. you really can't do.it for the people who would find it offensive.. I've asked a Korean if he was chinese.. that was awkward lol

The other stupid moment was when I was pricing keyrings to put out in the shop.. I pressed price check on the til.. (register).. £4.99.. okay £4.99.. so I start changing the price on the gun.. then I forget the price.. so I price check again.. £4.99.. okay its £4.99.. then I ask a fellow worker.. that did say £4.99 right? Yes it did..
so I price the whole box.. and im talking, 50 items.. the. I neatly pack them all away.. and the last one I put in the box catches my eye.. £6.99 says the sticker.. hmm thats odd.. price check £4.99... hmmmm.. so I check another one £6.99.. and another and another..
I priced the whole box £6.99
D'oh
Cos were a high end store we can't put stickers on top of stickers.. so I had to de-sricker everyone and then restocked them.. where believe it or not.. I had to.price check again!
A break shortly followed lol

fenris Wrote:I´m very good at such stupid things ... I think thats why my man said that I´m living in my own, dangerous world Wink
Fenris, you fill me with hope. Confusedmile:

fenris Wrote:A while ago.. I walked down the street, deep in my own thoughts ... crashed through a streetlamp... but I was very kind and apologized me very nice to the lamp :eek::eek:

I've done that too!

Ok, most recent thing I've done......it had been a rough night, very little sleep, and I went and worked a full shift at my job, so when I got home, I was exhausted.

I walked up the front porch, and instead of grabbing my house keys to unlock the door, I grabbed my car keys, pointed the little "fob thing" and pressed the "unlock" button, waiting for the click......and when it didn't unlock, I kept pressing the button over and over. After about a minute in, I realized what I was doing, and got my house keys and let myself in.

CellarDweller Wrote:I've done that too!

Good work :-)

And really bad things what happen when there is no connection between brain and mouth....
a very awkward moment was after my father died and me and my sister have to buy a coffin. The undertaker showed us some coffins .. one more expensive then the other, my sister asked where the a bit cheaper coffins are. The undertaker told us the story of loving families..and that they buy a upper class coffin if they love there parents. My sister gets a red face.. and said him, that she loves her father.... but she don´t want to pay a lot of money.... and I said that we don´t want a paperbag for our father to place him near the street on monday morning.... we want something in the middle between a Jaffa orange box and the most expensive coffin he has. :redface::eek:

fenris Wrote:Good work :-)

And really bad things what happen when there is no connection between brain and mouth....
a very awkward moment was after my father died and me and my sister have to buy a coffin. The undertaker showed us some coffins .. one more expensive then the other, my sister asked where the a bit cheaper coffins are. The undertaker told us the story of loving families..and that they buy a upper class coffin if they love there parents. My sister gets a red face.. and said him, that she loves her father.... but she don´t want to pay a lot of money.... and I said that we don´t want a paperbag for our father to place him near the street on monday morning.... we want something in the middle between a Jaffa orange box and the most expensive coffin he has. :redface::eek:

Sorry your father passed but thats a funny story