Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The unveiling of Blue!
I don't think dyeing one's hair is a gay or straight thing... I think most straight actors have their hair dyed on a regular basis... It's just part of the trade... As for hairdressers, I bet they do it too, and corporate gentlemen who want to look young in the business...

Ah, but you mean dyeing it an "unnatural" colour, right?

WheresTheLove Wrote:Yeah, so many gay men seem to do this, I would too but then I'd be an easy target to out or beat up. =(

Not to be pushy, but if you're gay, why do you want to be seen as straight? Is it because of the low tolerance in your area?

Also -- I'll echo what Albert said. Dying your hair isn't a straight/gay thing. Even the unnatural color thing isn't. I have a ton of friends here in Austin/various parts of Texas in the goth/alternative/not-so-alternative scenes (including guys) who have their hair various shades of green, purples, blues, reds, etc. As to getting beat up for it... I've been in some pretty conservative parts of Texas/Louisiana and I've NEVER had anything said to me.

WheresTheLove Wrote:Yeah, so many gay men seem to do this, I would too but then I'd be an easy target to out or beat up. =(

Sorry mate, please don't reply to my posts with complete and utter bullshit. you are beginning to annoy the crap out of me with all you homophobic and ex-gay crap.

Here's some better quality ones (actually from my camera.)

Back in December, when I still had my blonde/purple hair:

[Image: oxDCOl.jpg]

Before my nineteenth birthday a year back (literally a day before I turned nineteen, haha.)

[Image: LprZHl.jpg]

Thanks heaps for sharing more.

Some more of most outrageous looks include an irredescent yeallow Mohawk and 4 inch blonde spikes with purple or blue tips. I also when I was a teenager had the carrot top Ziggy Stardust mullet.

I love seeing men experiment with their hair Wink

dfiant Wrote:Thanks heaps for sharing more.

Some more of most outrageous looks include an irredescent yeallow Mohawk and 4 inch blonde spikes with purple or blue tips. I also when I was a teenager had the carrot top Ziggy Stardust mullet.

I love seeing men experiment with their hair Wink

My first foray into unnatural colors was leopard spots, but I fucked it up in the shower, so we had to correct it to just purple-purple.

I'm thinking about doing a head of rainbow hair for pride, but that'll be spendy with the hair dye in shit. Thankfully I get a big check at the end of August, so I can go all out! Smile

Well basically anyone always thought I was gay when I dyed my hair
(Yes I am referring to unnatural colors; I know straight older guys who dye brown/black to cover up grays)
And I notice that most guys who do seem to be gay, yes some are straight but overwhelming majority seems to be gay
Sorry if my posts seem rude, I'm bi-polar and borderline personality disorder so I can't control it sometimes.
It's just straight guys (or those of us wishing to pass as such) are put into this little tiny box and we're not allowed to do anything! =( No experimenting with style or clothing at all... it's all beer and football and I hate those. Not even allow to have differing personalities.
And there's too much drama with being gay and people are really mean to me (they are regardless, but are nicer when I try to play straight).
Idk maybe it's not that, people have just always been mean to me and stuff as I said. If I dyed my hair, people would tell me it looked ugly and to get a haircut. Someone was ALWAYS calling me ugly regardless of how I wore my hair or anything anyway though. Maybe I'm just jealous Idk.

Btw I like the purple it looks cool. =)

Again, are you trying to be seen as straight because you're afraid of getting harassed?

Like I said, I don't get harassed at all. That may be because I have a no-bullshit persona and don't take it (and I probably exude that too.) The thing is, you have to not care what people think about you. There's no point in sticking yourself in a 'little box,' like you said, just to fit into some preconceived notion of what's right/wrong, etc.

WheresTheLove Wrote:Well basically anyone always thought I was gay when I dyed my hair
(Yes I am referring to unnatural colors; I know straight older guys who dye brown/black to cover up grays)
And I notice that most guys who do seem to be gay, yes some are straight but overwhelming majority seems to be gay
Sorry if my posts seem rude, I'm bi-polar and borderline personality disorder so I can't control it sometimes.
It's just straight guys (or those of us wishing to pass as such) are put into this little tiny box and we're not allowed to do anything! =( No experimenting with style or clothing at all... it's all beer and football and I hate those. Not even allow to have differing personalities.
And there's too much drama with being gay and people are really mean to me (they are regardless, but are nicer when I try to play straight).
Idk maybe it's not that, people have just always been mean to me and stuff as I said. If I dyed my hair, people would tell me it looked ugly and to get a haircut. Someone was ALWAYS calling me ugly regardless of how I wore my hair or anything anyway though. Maybe I'm just jealous Idk.

Btw I like the purple it looks cool. =)

Think of it this way: maybe it is THEY who are jealous of you... more likely scenario. They wish they were as daring. Wink

[Image: DPpBYl.jpg]

Most recent. Excuse the roots and the partially broken-out appearance. I plan on fixing the roots at the end of the month. Smile