Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The vegetable forum
LONDONER Wrote:Surely you must have a friend who could take photos for you.

And herein lies the problem of 'friends with phones' They take pictures of ME without my permission then post it on their facebook page then get this TAG me.

For me that puts me in a sort of a dangerous situation, there are people in the world who I don't want finding me - ever.

So I have a strict 'No phone' policy when people come to see me, and if I find a picture on their facebook page I give them a phone call warning them that if its not removed immediately I will pursue the matter in court.

If I give them an inch they will take a mile.

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:I have a flip phone, which does not have internet connection - I never bought that service and I am not going to pay out $$$ just to send myself a few pictures as email.

Its bad enough Verizon keeps on sending me text messages to upgrade to their glass brick (something like the Iphone), and they send me letters trying to sell me more crap that I don't want or need. I even get text messages to visit their 'ap store' ??? I don't have a phone that uses 'aps'...

Even if I had the money I would not be inclined to waste it that way. As it stands Verizons least amount of minutes is 3 times more than I ever use. So they are already robbing me.

Lovely flower box set-up there... Xyxthumbs

Do they still sell disposable cameras???
Get one of those, take pics, then get them scanned into your pc.
Or you can scan them at the library and then email them to yourself.

Hmmm, I can always tap into the spy satellites!!!!

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:And herein lies the problem of 'friends with phones' They take pictures of ME without my permission then post it on their facebook page then get this TAG me.

For me that puts me in a sort of a dangerous situation, there are people in the world who I don't want finding me - ever.

So I have a strict 'No phone' policy when people come to see me, and if I find a picture on their facebook page I give them a phone call warning them that if its not removed immediately I will pursue the matter in court.

If I give them an inch they will take a mile.

Yes, I have a HUGE definate NO NO when it comes to my pic being taken!!!
I will throw one HELL of a tantrum if someone takes my pic without my say so.
And if I DO allow it, they are NOT allowed to share or post it anytime, anyplace, anywhere....on pain of my fist hitting their face multitudes of times.

But no one's asking for your picture, they're asking for a picture of your lovely garden.

Richard

But you see Richard, most morons, erm I mean people, just don't seem to understand that 'bring your camera over and take a few pix of my garden please' is just pix of my garden.

I tried this before, inviting a person to bring a camera gives them this silly notion that they can steal your image and do whatever they want with it.

They think its all fun and games to take your image, or worse to tease you with their fucking camera.

So why get into that place and open the door to a problem?

OK, OK, we'll do without a photo of your garden but I really don't know what all the fuss is about. We'll just accept the fact that you are cameraphobic.