Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The words...
vw256 Wrote:WOW! You've got her spot on! LOL! That's exactly her mentality.

Anyway, something absolutely RIDICULOUS happened 10 mins ago. Her friends came over to the house and we all had some food together, which was nice. One of her friends has got a brother who can read palms apparently. He had a look at my palm and said a lot of stuff... I didn't think he was very accurate... maybe 50%? My mum told him that I have no girlfriends (without saying that I am gay) and kept asking if I will have any girlfriends in the future. He made one SUPER HUGE mistake when he said that I will have two girlfriends in future and the second one will be my wife. Mum was extremely pleased to hear that and totally fell for it. Well, the truth is, I have had two girlfriends in the past (when I was living in denial and wasn't 100% sure myself - never told mum about them). Nothing worked out... because you know why. hahahaha
Another triumph for superstition over science :frown:

Hugs

vw256 Wrote:WOW! You've got her spot on! LOL! That's exactly her mentality.

Anyway, something absolutely RIDICULOUS happened 10 mins ago. Her friends came over to the house and we all had some food together, which was nice. One of her friends has got a brother who can read palms apparently. He had a look at my palm and said a lot of stuff... I didn't think he was very accurate... maybe 50%? My mum told him that I have no girlfriends (without saying that I am gay) and kept asking if I will have any girlfriends in the future. He made one SUPER HUGE mistake when he said that I will have two girlfriends in future and the second one will be my wife. Mum was extremely pleased to hear that and totally fell for it. Well, the truth is, I have had two girlfriends in the past (when I was living in denial and wasn't 100% sure myself - never told mum about them). Nothing worked out... because you know why. hahahaha

I have to laugh - I've got loads of moles on my body, and there's this "science" called (something like) moleoscopy ? Something like that - it's like ... reading your fate and future through the moles on your body, moles being (in this "science") marks chosen by astrological bodies being aligned and so on and so forth ...

... so I'm flicking through this chapter of my Penguin Book of the Supernatural :redface: and I'm like ... yup, got one of those ... yup, got one of those ... and ... ooh ! One of those as well (you get the idea), and so it's like ... you'll live forever but die young. Your life will have great meaning but you'll be forgotten ... it's TOTALLY contradictory ... go figure Rolleyes.

Good interesting experience though - I'm sorry that your palm fuelled your mum's take on your life :frown:. I'da been inclined to have done something spectacular like gone "do you know what *I* use my palm for ?" And then BITCH-SLAPPING him to kingdom come Lol2

I jest of course.

xx

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

Shadow Wrote:I'da been inclined to have done something spectacular like gone "do you know what *I* use my palm for ?" And then BITCH-SLAPPING him to kingdom come Lol2

I jest of course.

xx

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!
Laugh1 Laugh1 Hahahahahahahaha. That's a good one! Why didn't I think of that? lol! I can just imagine the look on his face if I said that! Hahaha.

I don't really believe in fortune telling and all those superstitious stuff (moleoscopy included). I believe that man got 50% right yesterday by observing my behaviour before he 'read my palms'. His sister (who knows me) might have given him some info too. He said something stupid like I don't make plans and have no directions when it comes to my future/studies, which was absolutely wrong.

Just had another big argument with mum a few minutes ago. It was to do with something that is 100% NOT related to my sexuality, but she brought it into the argument of course. She has this new theory that I behave the way I do (i.e. when i don't listen/obey her) because of my sexuality?!? I suspect that this has got something to do with the palm reading last night (I told her that he wasn't accurate, so that she doesn't build up her hopes for a daughter-in-law). She didn't say anything last night, so she tried to create an argument with me this morning just so that she can fit this in. I really couldn't stand it, you know? The words she used were just so hurtful and abusive. I really couldn't tolerate it, so I answered back to every single thing she said, and drove the car out (to get the computer fixed). Just before I left, she cursed me by saying that she wished that I get into a serious road traffic accident and die. I think she will repeat the same behaviour when I head to the airport tonight... maybe she hopes the plane will crash? lol.

Anyway, computer's fixed now and I've spent enough time in the cyber cafe, so i guess it's time to head home [sigh]

I just dont know what to say to your last post. I wanna say something like "your mom

I really better NOT Cry

Please have a safe flight and find happiness in your life

Bighug

vw256 Wrote:Laugh1 Laugh1 Hahahahahahahaha. That's a good one! Why didn't I think of that? lol! I can just imagine the look on his face if I said that! Hahaha.

I don't really believe in fortune telling and all those superstitious stuff (moleoscopy included). I believe that man got 50% right yesterday by observing my behaviour before he 'read my palms'. His sister (who knows me) might have given him some info too. He said something stupid like I don't make plans and have no directions when it comes to my future/studies, which was absolutely wrong.

Just had another big argument with mum a few minutes ago. It was to do with something that is 100% NOT related to my sexuality, but she brought it into the argument of course. She has this new theory that I behave the way I do (i.e. when i don't listen/obey her) because of my sexuality?!? I suspect that this has got something to do with the palm reading last night (I told her that he wasn't accurate, so that she doesn't build up her hopes for a daughter-in-law). She didn't say anything last night, so she tried to create an argument with me this morning just so that she can fit this in. I really couldn't stand it, you know? The words she used were just so hurtful and abusive. I really couldn't tolerate it, so I answered back to every single thing she said, and drove the car out (to get the computer fixed). Just before I left, she cursed me by saying that she wished that I get into a serious road traffic accident and die. I think she will repeat the same behaviour when I head to the airport tonight... maybe she hopes the plane will crash? lol.

Anyway, computer's fixed now and I've spent enough time in the cyber cafe, so i guess it's time to head home [sigh]

Good luck Vin, and have a safe return and a nice time with your boyfriend, you both deserve it. Bighug

vw256 Wrote:Laugh1 Laugh1 Hahahahahahahaha. That's a good one! Why didn't I think of that? lol! I can just imagine the look on his face if I said that! Hahaha.

Oh my GOD. She actually said that shit ?? That's horrific !!!!!

I really don't know what to say, except she REALLY needs to get a reality slap, because for ANY mother to say that to her own child suggests that her grip on the situation, and on reality itself, has taken a couplea steps to the side of where it ought to be ...

I am so, so sorry !! I would say that often people say things in haste that they later regret, and wish they could take back, and that perhaps that's the case here, but that's just VENEMOUSLY calculated ...

Honestly dude, 5 minutes with your mum and a rubber hose, and I think I'd have this whole thing worked out :redface:. I'm kidding ... but even I, whom am RENOWNED for not losing my temper, would wind up screaming at her I think :redface:.

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

fjp999 Wrote:I just dont know what to say to your last post. I wanna say something like "your mom

I really better NOT Cry

Bighug

Well, looks like Shadow said it for me. LOL.

I think you can see we expect more support from our mothers in the west, but is your mother's attitude typical of Malaysian Chinese mums or is she unusually extreme? You seem to be able to respond to her remarks with some humour. There a lot of conflicts going on for me about your situation. I wish things were easier for you.

If you get back to the UK within the next few days, I wonder if you could make time to use the BBC iPlayer to watch last night's documantary, "The Making of Me" featuring John Barrowman (as ever, gorgeous and heroic ... somebody stop me Rolleyes ) who used the opportunity to explore current scientific evidence on the development of sexuality. He specifically wanted to explore the "nature or nurture" argument. I wish all parents, regardless of how their children turn out, had a chance to see this.

I'm at the airport now, waiting for my flight which has been delayed :frown: . Yea, she kinda regretted saying what she said when i got home and became a lot nicer.

marshlander Wrote:I think you can see we expect more support from our mothers in the west, but is your mother's attitude typical of Malaysian Chinese mums or is she unusually extreme? You seem to be able to respond to her remarks with some humour. There a lot of conflicts going on for me about your situation. I wish things were easier for you.

If you get back to the UK within the next few days, I wonder if you could make time to use the BBC iPlayer to watch last night's documantary, "The Making of Me" featuring John Barrowman (as ever, gorgeous and heroic ... somebody stop me Rolleyes ) who used the opportunity to explore current scientific evidence on the development of sexuality. He specifically wanted to explore the "nature or nurture" argument. I wish all parents, regardless of how their children turn out, had a chance to see this.

I think her attitude is typical of Chinese mums. Anyway, there's nothing i could do to make things better at this point (except getting a girlfriend, which is ot happening) and I'm fed up of being fed up with her, so i just try to take everything with a smile. Confusedmile:

I've never used the BBC iPlayer before, but i'll try to check it out tmr, the documentary sounds very interesting!