Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
There is a gay lobby in the Vatican
According to To Pope Francis:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnew...ancis.html

Does that come as any surprise?

http://gayspeak.com/showthread.php?t=25785

Perhaps it's been lost in translation but that's not a lobby, it's a cabal.

That's maybe but that is apparently the word the Pope used.

No not surprised. But then if you knew how many letters I exchanged with priests, bishops, cardinals even you would then have an understanding that the LGBT agenda has been a topic of discussion for at least 2 decades with many higher ups in the Vatican and other Main Stream Denominations are actually changing their views and opinions and are striving to create a church with tolerance and affirmation of LGBT issues/rights and over turn the idea that modern homosexuality is a sin.

The strongest case is the fact that homosexuality as described in the bible and condemned is not 'loving/committed' homosexual relationships. It would be similar to banning or calling sex between a married man and woman as 'sinful' based on the condemnations of specific sex acts done by heterosexuals.

It is a hot debate, with a lot of serious discussion about God's Will for Man and Church and what is homosexuality and its context in God's Plan.... It is a complex matter which unfortunately lots of individuals refuse to talk about or open their eyes to see the other side of the issue.

a mother always favored the brother. on her death bed she said this and said she felt compelled to support the weakest link despite good or bad and we were all her children.

some how i wish main stay religions would develop along these lines but not.

can organizations (be it the catholic church or the boy scouts) be gay, straight and than later in time be homophobic?
was celibacy in the catholic church really a haven for the lgbt of the time to seek shelter? Their priests were the keepers of knowledge, arts and science.

The trouble is, is this gay lobby trying to improve the attitude towards LGBTs or is it a lobby of paedophiles covering up for those who are found out?

A little of both.

Nearly everyone has an axe to grind, and those with things to hide or bury will often jump on the agendas that more closely meet there own needs.

LONDONER Wrote:The trouble is, is this gay lobby trying to improve the attitude towards LGBTs or is it a lobby of paedophiles covering up for those who are found out?

Now who's confusing 'paedophile' and 'homosexual'???
I thought we were clear about them both being very very different things.

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:No not surprised. But then if you knew how many letters I exchanged with priests, bishops, cardinals even you would then have an understanding that the LGBT agenda has been a topic of discussion for at least 2 decades with many higher ups in the Vatican and other Main Stream Denominations are actually changing their views and opinions and are striving to create a church with tolerance and affirmation of LGBT issues/rights and over turn the idea that modern homosexuality is a sin.

The strongest case is the fact that homosexuality as described in the bible and condemned is not 'loving/committed' homosexual relationships. It would be similar to banning or calling sex between a married man and woman as 'sinful' based on the condemnations of specific sex acts done by heterosexuals.

It is a hot debate, with a lot of serious discussion about God's Will for Man and Church and what is homosexuality and its context in God's Plan.... It is a complex matter which unfortunately lots of individuals refuse to talk about or open their eyes to see the other side of the issue.

You know, here's the problem from where I sit.

The Church, they need to be consistent. And let's give credit where credit is due: The Church doctrine is LIFE AFFIRMING.

Nutshell:
Life is a gift from God.
Anti-abortion
Anti-war
Anti-death penalty

PROBLEM:
Sex not used for "life affirming" purposes is contrary to God's plan (or will, or whatever).
Anti-birth control
Anti-masturbation
Anti-prostitution
Anti-homosexuality

See? They've painted themselves into a corner.

They WANT to say all love is good and a gift from God. BUT they need to be consistent with what they're teaching about life.

Personally, as a Catholic, I don't have a problem with birth control, masturbation or homosexuality. I DO have a problem with abortion (but that's whole other kettle of fish).

I just quietly live my life and I know that one day homosexuality will be as accepted as other modern practices that were once taboo (e.g. usury).

JMHO.

princealbertofb Wrote:Now who's confusing 'paedophile' and 'homosexual'???
I thought we were clear about them both being very very different things.

I'm not confusing either. It's just that there have been so many cases of paedophilia within the Catholic church that have been reported in all types of media, even cases of know paedophiles being given sanctury within the Vatican.

Look at this:

https://www.google.es/webhp?source=searc...80&bih=925

He was a man who regularly denounced homosexuality until he was outed by three young priests that he had abused. OK, that's not a case of paedophilia but there have been plenty of cases.

Homosexuality leading to paedophilia will continue to exist as long as the totally inhuman rule on celibacy exists. Many priests are in a unique position in that they have regular access to young children and they eventually succumb to the temptations of the flesh in the only way that they can get it without being found out (or so they think), using their power over their young charges and false words: "This is between us and God, so you mustn't tell anyone."