Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
There's this guy...
So there's this guy I like and we're supposed to hang out on Wednesday, but the thing is that he's my ex's ex... He's more like me than my ex was and we do connect pretty well. Me and my ex are friends and Im not sure if I should tell him or not.

I'm also not sure if we're hanging out as friends or something more; we were texting up until 2:00am last night and did flirt a bitTongue but he's definitely my type and so far he's a great guyBig Grin

first off welcome to gs

in any one town the gay community is small so everyone is incestuous. I would tell him so he dosnt find out from another person. he may already know?

texting till 2am; the evening may be more than expected so be honest with him. It will be more difficult or a deal breaker down the line.

be careful not to say anything bad about people you know
what 2 boys do on a date should be kept secret.

I don't know honestly.

What's best for one person, can be total havoc for someone else.

But to avoid drama and backdoor whispers and blah blah, I think everything should be out in the open and everyone's honest with everyone, so no one get's hurt and nothing can be misconstrewed. :biggrin:

Your Ex turned Friend would probably prefer to hear it from you, rather than someone else, or atleast he should.

And it's best not to overly read too much into things. Flirting could just be flirting... doesn't always lead to something else.

No expectations = No disappointments, as my mother says Smile .

I wouldn't go there but that is me...I can't tell you what to do.......that is your job:biggrin:

For me...too much potential drama and I try to avoid that anytime I can....

....the other factor for me is that if any friend of mine has been with a guy..OFF LIMITS for me. I am a loyal friend. I don't care if my friend said it was OK or not...it would violate my own code of ethics but once again...you have to define your own ethics and what is important to you...maybe listen to alot of different people to hear their take on it and make up your own mind...Good Luck!

I think you should tell him. It's not like you two are dating right now and while it's kinda calm and early I think it'd be less of a blow to your friend if that would be something he's not too happy about.

It is what it is, can't change it so just go with the flow and do what feels right.

No secrets.

Hello first let me say welcome to G.S.

Sweetie he is your ex for a reason.
If you keep looking in the review mirror ,you will miss the view in front of you.

Hello there,
Firstly welcome to GS and secondly why tell your ex because the whole ex business means your not together so therefore if your wishing to get into a relationship with this guy then your more than intitled to do so and if your ex cannot handle it that is his problem not yours.. I woiuldnt bother telling him as this could lead to judgemental issues and if he asks then be honest and reveal but otherwise your not need to discuss it to be honestSmile

Thanks for your helpSmile me and my ex are no longer even friends because we got into a fight(long story) and I told him that I was done trying and that I hope he has a good life. And he begged to stay friends but once again, like I said, I'm done with all the drama he starts. But yeah I'm meeting the guy tomorrow, told him that I like what I know about him so far and he said he likes me too, so maybe it'll lead to somethingBig Grin