Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
These 2 charts show America's Christian majority is on track to end
These 2 charts show America's Christian majority is on track to end

Michael Levitt - September 17, 2022

Eliza Campbell had spent her entire life as a practicing member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

She was born in Utah, a state in which the majority of residents belong to the church, and attended Brigham Young University, a private institution owned and operated by the church.

"It's part of your whole professional network, your whole emotional community," she said. "Basically, it touches every facet of your life."

Then, two years ago, after nearly three decades, Campbell left the church.

She is one of a growing number of Americans who were raised Christian but are disaffiliating from the religion.

https://www.npr.org/2022/09/17/112350806...ch-lds-pew
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!
[-] The following 1 member Likes CellarDweller's post:
  • JDD22

1syellow1

Hi—I find this information helpful! Thanks for sharing Mr. CellarDweller!

I found a graph online sourced by Pew Research Center saying that the composition of Christians by % throughout the globe is going to be about two thirds in 2060.

I always wondered if there were other, more advanced life-forms on other planets who find religion just temporary support and/or a way to explain the unexplainable—like just a stage of a civilizations development.

I'd like to be certain you're well btw!

Be well—all right?

1syellow1
"Beyond the attractive person in mind, body, & soul is nothingness." - JDD22

Good. Religion should be abolished. We would be better off without it.

I don't think religion will ever be abolished, but I see more and more people becoming disenfranchised with it.

I wonder if more people older people become religious or return to their religions as they age, thinking they need to "get good with God" before they die?
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!