Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Things I hate that my dad says
My father is not accepting of my sexuality. At first, he blamed my ex-wife (he never liked her) of "turning me gay". Then he blamed my mother for being to overbearing. Then he blamed himself for not being a better father. Now he just blames me.

Dad makes comments about gay men being "fags" and then gets real quiet and says "no offense". At first I took offense, but now I don't. I take more offense that he wants nothing to do with my daughters, his biological grandchildren. I can count on one hand the number of times he has seen them, and one was the night they were born, and then has the audacity to call himself "grandpa".

My mother is very accepting. She knew I was gay before I got married. She told me that was why she tried to talk me out of marriage, but was afraid that maybe she was wrong and if she asked if I was gay and wasn't I would be hurt and upset.

@Bowyn Aerrow- totally makes sense. :3

None of my family has been mean to me, but a few of my peers have been, even a teacher.

A "friend" set up a date for me with another guy after I told him (my friend) that I was definitely gay, and not just feminine(we have alot of feminine straight guys :3). I went to where he said the guy would be waiting, and a whole bunch of people from my school was there with their cameras/phones and were laughing and taking pictures. Obviously I was devastated, but I didn't let them know it, I just smiled and left. They probably weren't expecting that, cause they practically followed me out of the building. The next day, I went to school and told my teacher who I trusted very deeply(I would've told my mom, but when it comes to me, she said she'd go to jail for killing someones child(not literally), so that wasn't an option) and he turned me away and said that I was asking for it when I chose to like guys.

After that, I just gave up on teachers at that school( I went to another institute for Music at the same time after school, which I just graduated this year, after I graduated high school last year.) and wouldn't even answer their questions when they asked me something.

I wasn't Suicidal or anything, but I did lose respect for those people, but you know what? In my relatively short life, I've learned that, life is too short to stress or get upset over things that isn't your fault. I forgave them pretty soon after, but I didn't hang out with them any more.

People will have opinions and views and will hate and talk about you or anything else they don't like until the day you die or they die. When I visited Florida last year in April, I had a big flaming braided mohawk and no one who traveled with me (was a small group of Musicians) wanted to be seen with me, because everyone gave me stares, until one of the younger guys (16yr old cellist) came up to me and asked me, "Everyone is staring at you, aren't you bothered by it?" and I kinda knew this question would come up sooner or later and said, "People will talk about you till the day you die, so why not live life with your chin up?" and he was like :eek:.

My advise, and as hard as I know it is, is to just not allow it to affect you personally even if whoever it is, is talking directly about you, because when your old(no offense to my lovely seniorsHearts1) and in your golden years, you don't wanna look back on your life and say, "I wish I was braver and lived life fuller".

Don't let what people say rule your life, because they can't make you feel bad/sad/whatever unless you let them. Tell your dad(in your own way ofcourse):

I love you daddy, but I am one of those individuals, whom you do not approve of, but I hope you can see past the physical and see me as a human, an individual and most importantly your daughter. -Magenta just for you:3

(My father said he'd love me no matter what, but he's become distant, so much so that he moved to england with his new family and my half brothers and sister. He and my mom never really "got together" I kinda just happened during one of those "one times" <3. I love that dumb man to death, but he can't accept me to my face, so unfortunately I had to let him be with his new family Wink. This is why I hope you and your father can work through this, and that you can forgive him for his misgivings <3)

HUGZZBighug

Whenever there's a gay person on tv, my dads immediate response is "nasty bitch"

He's such a charming man.

My father gets look on his face like there going rape him or something when he sees them.
He is not a social person so he thinks calling someone a faggett or gaylord gives him a reason.

I had parents who totally suffered from "lack of thinking". And to make it worse they had their own company and hired a troop of people who "lack thinking".
Everytime I was invited to hang out with them I was cringing inside to all the stupid ass things they say.

The only thing you can do is to either point out their mistakes calmly and rationally as simply as possible, or dont go near them at all.

It sucks that I om no longer very close with my parents but it gave me my peace of mind back!

Gizzie Wrote:I had parents who totally suffered from "lack of thinking". And to make it worse they had their own company and hired a troop of people who "lack thinking".
Everytime I was invited to hang out with them I was cringing inside to all the stupid ass things they say.

The only thing you can do is to either point out their mistakes calmly and rationally as simply as possible, or dont go near them at all.

It sucks that I om no longer very close with my parents but it gave me my peace of mind back!

How come your no longer close with your parents?? Parents are like designed to drive us mad til they die lol... I am sure if any of us have children we must drive them mad and they think what we think about our parents.... If you got an option to try to get in touch with them id say to go for it as once they are gone it wont be able to be the same

Kindest regards

zeon x