Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Things I hate that my dad says
princealbertofb Wrote:Good luck then when you need to come out, Magenta...

Thank You!!

You'e correct thats what candy ass means.

But also maybe this, referring to a practice that could be straight or homosexual:
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.ph...%20Asshole
like licking honey off a woman's breasts or a guy's dick?

I think on the context used was the first one that you posted.

Yes, MagentaHorror, I think you're right, but it seems to be a reference to a sexual oral practice, which is what I was trying to get down to the bottom of (no pun intended) ... ie, why was that expression used (to define what?) ... but it's like calling someone a fag since it refers to a practice that some gay guys enjoy (note however that some straight people would enjoy it too, so it's a stupid thing to call anyone, though the idea of rimming or licking ass is very unpleasant to some people who have a dirty mind (and maybe unhygienic habits for their own bodies))

Well, it's true. I was a total momma's boy...

Dad had his own issues.

We all have our crosses to bear.

Which reminds me of something else my dad used to tell us: "Suffering builds character"

And you know what? He was right about that. I really can't stand being around anyone who hasn't suffered. I find these people very dull.

LateBloomer, it makes life less dull, and the joyous moments so much more powerful.
Bighug

princealbertofb Wrote:LateBloomer, it makes life less dull, and the joyous moments so much more powerful.
Bighug

Truth.

Smile

Everyone needs some adversity in their life in order to discern what really matters.

Im guessing most of you agree that this people are well complete idiots. And there are two very good ways to deal with idiots. You can ignore them and let them wallow in their stupidity Or you can take the (for lack of a better word) the Dr. House approach with is basically telling the person that there an idiot and how do they have the brain power to even breath

MagentaHorror Wrote:That jerk. I would have slapped that person asap!

Yeah. i am still in the closet with family. the only ones who know are my sister and cousin. They both love and accept me for who i am.
i know i am not gonna have fun comming out to dad cause he is a homophobe and he thinks being lgbt is wrong and immoral. He said once "i have failed as a parent" once i happily told him i am the vice president of the GSA at my school.
But i think my mom has her suspicions, cause i say instead of "i need a boyfriend" i say "i need someone" and i make clues and stuff like that.

Hello,
You may find that once you admit your sexuality to your father it may change his views because i found with the homophobes in my family that once i came out to them and said yeah there is a shit shoveller in the family they soon backed down and respected gay people because they understood that if they did this they then got my respect. I find that people soon change their ways when they find one exists in the family because of respect

Kindest regards

zeon x

My mother would call me a son of a bitch - a lot, often, nearly daily. Did that for years and years and years - up to the point where my balls dropped and I asked in a quiet, serious tone: "If I am a son of a bitch, what does that make you?"

She stopped calling me a son of a bitch from that point forward - mostly. She moved on to Bastard... Which again I view as a lack of thinking on her part. I figured if I had to correct her and point out the obvious that we would spend decades with me correcting her.

Lack of thinking. That is what it boils down to. I bet your father isn't even aware of what is spewing out of his mouth. He just says it as a gut reaction - most likely parroting what he heard from his own father or someone.

You can try to correct him, retrain him, whatever. You will not succeed totally. If he wants to change he will change himself, I doubt he wants to change.

I say hold your tongue until you are out on your own, then you can share your thoughts on his thoughtless words without too much fear of reprisal.

Sometimes it is best to be the 'better man' and just hold your tongue and allow then to be stupid. Remember, his words are NOT a reflection on lesbians or on you, they are a reflection of him and his mind set.

The bible tells us to respect our parents, this sometimes means we have to put a lot of distance between us and our parents. It is the respectful thing to do. further, we are commanded to love our neighbor - sometimes a nice tall wall between properties is the best show of love one can have.

See how these things work?

Ultimately you will be ok. Sure its hurtful, but you have to keep in mind he most likely doesn't understand or think that his words hurt anyone. Bigotry is blind to empathy.