Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Things I hate that my dad says
Okay I need to vent a bit on what my dad says whenever he hears about a hot female celebrity that came out as lesbian. He always says '' what a waste'' It pisses me off when he says things like that cause it's not like she chose to be lesbian she just chose to come out. Did any of you eclver have someone say something like that? It say something that irked you? Sorry for the rant guys I just needed to get that of my chest.

Let's see, I've been asked why I hate men, and though that's exasperating enough the one that really ticks me off is am I lesbian because I was sexually abused (often "by your dad" added to it). I'm probably going to literally slap someone for asking me that one day.

When I'm told I just haven't met the right guy I like to reply that they haven't met the right man/woman to turn them gay. And when a man says he's a lesbian in a man's body I ask when he's planning on transitioning and invariably have to explain if he's a lesbian--that is a woman into women--in a man's body then there's medical procedures to help with that.

The questions about my sex life are usually the most annoying. I don't mind open curiosity as long as it doesn't pry to much into what I do as opposed to what lesbians in general do, but sometimes the questioner is either trying to get a cheap thrill or being passively aggressive against me by emphasizing how sick and wrong they find it and have no intention of understanding it only in letting me know how disgusting they think gays and lesbians are without saying it directly. And some are just stupid, like asking if lesbians don't want a man then why do some use strap ons ("oh, I don't know, maybe because the 'real thing' is attached to a man?"). And some truly remind me of the saying, "there are no stupid questions, only stupid people," like a guy asking if he can join in with me and my girlfriend (which would be rude to ask even if one or both of us were bi, but when we're both lesbian, that's beyond stupid--if he's gonna be rude anyway he should at least ask how much he'd have to pay to be allowed to join in :tongueSmile.

People like dads (and mums, and brothers and sisters, and aunts and uncles) often say stupid things, things that don't necessarily mean much. They just feel they need to make a comment. Think of it this way, it's not as if your dad would ever have stood a chance with whichever artist you were referring to... so, a waste??? Who for, really? Definitely not him.
I think your answer to that remark ("What a waste!") could be, next time: "On the contrary, dad, she's not wasting her love on someone who doesn't deserve it. Bravo her!!"
I take it though that you have not made your sexuality known to your father yet, and that you think he'd disapprove? Most parents will be happy if you are happy, so he needs to make that connection. My child is gay, bisexual, straight, and I want him / her to be happy, and thrive: that's what counts or what ought to count.

Pix Wrote:Let's see, I've been asked why I hate men, and though that's exasperating enough the one that really ticks me off is am I lesbian because I was sexually abused (often "by your dad" added to it). I'm probably going to literally slap someone for asking me that one day.

When I'm told I just haven't met the right guy I like to reply that they haven't met the right man/woman to turn them gay. And when a man says he's a lesbian in a man's body I ask when he's planning on transitioning and invariably have to explain if he's a lesbian--that is a woman into women--in a man's body then there's medical procedures to help with that.

The questions about my sex life are usually the most annoying. I don't mind open curiosity as long as it doesn't pry to much into what I do as opposed to what lesbians in general do, but sometimes the questioner is either trying to get a cheap thrill or being passively aggressive against me by emphasizing how sick and wrong they find it and have no intention of understanding it only in letting me know how disgusting they think gays and lesbians are without saying it directly. And some are just stupid, like asking if lesbians don't want a man then why do some use strap ons ("oh, I don't know, maybe because the 'real thing' is attached to a man?"). And some truly remind me of the saying, "there are no stupid questions, only stupid people," like a guy asking if he can join in with me and my girlfriend (which would be rude to ask even if one or both of us were bi, but when we're both lesbian, that's beyond stupid--if he's gonna be rude anyway he should at least ask how much he'd have to pay to be allowed to join in :tongueSmile.

I would suggest you tell that man that he can only join you if he brings along his boyfriend... so you can have a foursome. lol.

hello,
I find that people who are like this are the most shallow of people... Next time he says that ask him if that means your a waste3 to some men in this world... See what his reaction would be then and might make him think if it comes to his own daughter

Kindest regards

zeon x

When I was just a lad, I was pretty shy and easily intimidated.

I remember telling my parents I didn't want to change clothes in the locker room at school and play sports.

My dad said when he went to school they used to call those kinds of boys "candyasses".

Rolleyes

Thanks dad. Very helpful.
That word "candyass" has stuck in my head ever since...

Pix Wrote:Let's see, I've been asked why I hate men, and though that's exasperating enough the one that really ticks me off is am I lesbian because I was sexually abused (often "by your dad" added to it). I'm probably going to literally slap someone for asking me that one day.

That jerk. I would have slapped that person asap!

princealbertofb Wrote:I take it though that you have not made your sexuality known to your father yet, and that you think he'd disapprove?

Yeah. i am still in the closet with family. the only ones who know are my sister and cousin. They both love and accept me for who i am.
i know i am not gonna have fun comming out to dad cause he is a homophobe and he thinks being lgbt is wrong and immoral. He said once "i have failed as a parent" once i happily told him i am the vice president of the GSA at my school.
But i think my mom has her suspicions, cause i say instead of "i need a boyfriend" i say "i need someone" and i make clues and stuff like that.

LateBloomer Wrote:When I was just a lad, I was pretty shy and easily intimidated.

I remember telling my parents I didn't want to change clothes in the locker room at school and play sports.

My dad said when he went to school they used to call those kinds of boys "candyasses".

Rolleyes

lol Candy-ass reminds me of 4chan Big Grin

Good luck then when you need to come out, Magenta...

LateBloomer Wrote:When I was just a lad, I was pretty shy and easily intimidated.

Rolleyes

What does candyass actually mean or refer to???

so ok I found this http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.ph...andy%20ass
Your dad was not helpful at all. Silly man!