Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Things that annoy you but that reasonably shouldn't.
SolemnBoy Wrote:5. Keanu Reeves.

[Image: sad_keanu.jpg]

Where to start...

People who walk the same speed as me who i dont know (obviously) lol
i agree def your no.4 solemnboy, you shouldnt need to tell someone you done something good.
Eating habits
cold wind
cold rain
cold
injustice (tho that should annoy me right)
people talking loudly on there phone in public)
flying insects

Didn't anyone else realise these are meant to annoy us but reasonably shouldnt. Not should,

partisan Wrote:Where to start...

People who walk the same speed as me who i dont know (obviously) lol

Oh. My God. This. Is The Thing. You always either have to awkwardly slow down or awkwardly follow close behind them or awkwardly speed up to go around them and it's so awkward but it's not actually a big deal so that only makes complaining about it harder which makes it more annoying and ohmygodi'mgonnavomitPukeface

*ahem*

Also people who spit on the ground anywhere at any time, often all the time (ie, 90% of the males on campus). I DON'T WANT TO GET YOUR PHLEGM ROT ON MY SHOES YOU NASTY BAG OF DISEASES

Rawr Wrote:[Image: sad_keanu.jpg]

Mmmmmm

SEXXXY

1. People who hear my Texas accent and think I must be some homophobic, racist idiot. I'm not sure which annoys me more, the homophobic, racist idiots who see me as a kindred spirit or when I'm condemned for bigotry by bigots prejudiced against my accent.

2. People online who imagine nonexistent hostility into my words (and in related ways that because I offer another view or even disagreement that I'm therefore "attacking" them). This has gotten so absurd that people online have lashed out at me for complimenting them (them thinking I was being sarcastic or something), and perhaps the most extreme case was when I tried to get a board to stop dogpiling someone and that guy (who admitted to doing meth a lot) took offense and threatened to rape me and chop me up with an ax, and after that brought the management down on him he claimed I'd "tricked" him into thinking I was being hostile so that he'd have that meltdown.

3. How hard it can be to get local news, it's almost always national (less international, but even learning what's going on in Pakistan is easier than what's going on in my backyard without getting a newspaper).

4. Movie trailers that lie, especially when trying to trick people who wouldn't have seen it to see it before the actual target audience finds out what it's really like and shows up (thus increasing movie sales). Ditto for TV promos, and also for mislabeled movies (like tragedies put into the comedy section, which happens more than I'd have thought).

Hmm, I want a #5 for neatness sake...thinking...oh!

5. The tired and way overused romantic trope (save in comedies) that people who hate each other secretly love each other and their arguments and/or violent altercation progress into wild sex that typically follows realizing they're in love after. (If they wanna do the violent love/hate thing then they could at least be a bit more realistic about it, like in the sad and doesn't have any lies like "if you love the beast enough then he'll turn into a prince.")

Only one....

People who ask me what annoys me but reasonably should not.

teeheehee
Laugh

Pix Wrote:1. People who hear my Texas accent and think I must be some homophobic, racist idiot. I'm not sure which annoys me more, the homophobic, racist idiots who see me as a kindred spirit or when I'm condemned for bigotry by bigots prejudiced against my accent.

[SIZE="4"]Well I dun knowd whut your dun talkin 'bout little missy!
I dont takes kindly to them ignerent varmints either!
Fer some reason, people thinks yourn just ignerent when you got a Texas accent!!

Yeah, I love the Beverly Hillbillies, but they had a large part in forwarding the stereotype for Southerners and people with Southern accents.

Hell, Im guilty of this too.....everytime I hear a Cajun accent, I think "oh gawd, what a hick".
Then I let myself have it, because I know how that feels....then I feel like crap because I thought that.

Stereotypes are everywhere. One of those things in life where you just have to "deal" with it.[/SIZE]

People who are bothered by me wearing sunglasses. Idiots who think I and others wear sunglasses to "look cool" - we'll see whose laughing when the cataracts develop.

Chase Wrote:People who don't get sunglasses. Idiots who think I and others wear sunglasses to "look cool" - we'll see whose laughing when the cataracts develop.

I can add to that....

People who wear sunglasses INDOORS!
That is considerably, EXTREMELY rude, disrespectful, and shows contempt for the person or people you are talking too.