Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Things you like about Gayspeak
Borg69 Wrote:I like the Anti-Troll features here !!!!
Trolling is actually being outlawed in England now. But I guess you'd have to be a real pest of a troll for the authorities to start chasing a troll.

Virge Wrote:... It's a safe place for us to meet without pervy PMs from guys with names like HungCamJacker and NeedDixNow.
... even though some pretend to have piercings that don't adorn them ???

Rareboy Wrote:Did I mention that I love the bad advice thread?

Haha, how's that been working out for you???

Bookworm Wrote:I find GS an invaluable resource for help and support, as well as a place to just hang out and chill (word games usually) and catch up with friends I've made since I joined.

As someone who grew up before the invention of the Internet, in a rural area with nobody to really communicate or connect with in terms of what I was experiencing, I can appreciate how valuable this place can be, particular to younger folks struggling to come to terms with their sexuality.

I could even add that, despite things being definitely easier for the younger generations, it still can be difficult for them, not to mention those who are still under attack from their societies, in countries that don't accept homosexuality, or sexual diversity.

Did I mention that it is a Grimshaw free zone?

What do I enjoy about this site?
Well, I've been on here since 2008 so six years into using the site I can say that I mostly enjoy the fact that it doesn't change all the time, making it necessary for us to adapt to a new look, and new tools etc.
Andy has kept it safe and has kept us in the know about changes and new features.

Thanks, Andy.

I love the fact that I can get in touch with some really fun, interesting, thought provoking, but also endearing people from around the world. I don't mind that there aren't so many women here, but the ones who've stayed have generally contributed in really pleasing and comforting ways.
Thanks to the ladies.

As for the guys, well, it's been a joy sharing stuff that we find on the net, pictures, sex tips, poems, word games, music, films, series and videos, challenging questions and threads, but also it's been good hearing your stories and making you feel welcome. I met my boyfriend on such a forum (not this one) and I hope that those of us who live in far away lands where finding a partner is not easy, or dangerous, can find a way of releasing all the anger, the frustration and pain just by sharing with us, and knowing that they aren't alone.

I specially like that this site, although British at the start, welcomes people of all ages and from many different cultures.

Rareboy Wrote:Did I mention that it is a Grimshaw free zone?

Pardon my ignorance, Rareboy, but what's a Grimshaw?

Good point, Bookworm. I honestly appreciate how most all of the older guys on here want to be encouraging of the younger ones. We know what it was like and there seems to be a real desire to keep fellows from feeling alone and without answers.
I bid NO Trump!

princealbertofb Wrote:Pardon my ignorance, Rareboy, but what's a Grimshaw?

I'ts like a whiny Voldemort sans the title, power, and class Evilgrin1

Adding the "first unread post" button. I'm never deleting my cookies again!