Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Think I came on too strong, what next?
axle2152 Wrote:A month's time? Sorry but if someone thinks they're going to keep me on the hook for a month, guess again. I get it, a week or so but a month is insane.

[MENTION=24063]Grobo[/MENTION] Sometimes we can create our own problems by liking someone a little too much in the beginning. Do necessarily think of a date being a direct path to a relationship, or sex for that matter...I mean it can be. Just play it cool. Let him come to you as [MENTION=19807]SilverBullet[/MENTION] suggested. I think that is also a good way to see if someone likes you enough or has the gall to talk to you. It's what I do, well now I do anyway. Once I feel that I'm beyond that halfway mark, I step back and see what the other person does. Saves me a lot of time, next bitch! Sheep However, I will admit it still hurts...angry, sad when someone I really like doesn't return the same. However, that's life.

They sent they already sent them a text a week or more ago so I was just taking that into consideration lol.

Tbu I'm getting bored with guys endlessly talking and not sorting a date out.

I'm ok with talking, for a while but it does get old when you still having elevator conversation and not really going anywhere. I do live in a pretty rural area and sometimes guys can live 30...40 sometimes more than 50 miles away so I try to patient.

However, as with the last several guys I talked to, that's pretty much all that happened. They want to talk for three months like I'm filling out a survey or something.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

axle2152 Wrote:I'm ok with talking, for a while but it does get old when you still having elevator conversation and not really going anywhere. I do live in a pretty rural area and sometimes guys can live 30...40 sometimes more than 50 miles away so I try to patient.

However, as with the last several guys I talked to, that's pretty much all that happened. They want to talk for three months like I'm filling out a survey or something.

Yep I'm having that issue at the moment. Just can't find any local guys. Three weeks isn't too bad. They guy I'm talking to at the moment rang me last night at least. Hmmm I don't talking say for another couple of weeks after getting to the talking on the phone stage.

Hmmm I am now getting impatient now though lol.

TwisttheLeaf Wrote:In your shoes, I would text him with a note asking him how he's doing, and that "you're sorry if he felt you were coming on too strong", ending with an "I hope to hear from you soon" (or something of the sort) to close it out.

Then? Wait and see if he replies over the course of the week. If he doesn't? It's time to move on.

OK, I totally agree with this. Send the text as outlined above, keep it very simple. If he doesn't respond, let it go. If you keep texting and call him too, you're going to come off as a stalker, and that's not what you want.

Well in my case guys who are both far away and working two jobs... I mean I get it I understand but how am I supposed to be more than a pen pal? I don't mind at all making friend but someone who's 60 miles away in another state working two jobs probably will never have the time to meet me, even if I did all the driving and frankly I am tired of being the one to do all the driving. Then I end up volunteering to pay for dinner and then realize I just screwed myself.

I once drove all the way to Morristown, TN...which is more-less a 3 hour drive for me. I get there meet the guy (who didn't look like he did online...figures right?) and go to dinner at some run of the mill Asian restaurant and while things were eh so-so at the end of it all he had the nerve to say "So who's getting this?" as in who's paying for dinner! It's one thing when you drive across town or something but 3 hours of driving going across pretty much all of the smoky mountains is a bit much and expect me to even pay my half of dinner...
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

axle2152 Wrote:Well in my case guys who are both far away and working two jobs... I mean I get it I understand but how am I supposed to be more than a pen pal? I don't mind at all making friend but someone who's 60 miles away in another state working two jobs probably will never have the time to meet me, even if I did all the driving and frankly I am tired of being the one to do all the driving. Then I end up volunteering to pay for dinner and then realize I just screwed myself.

I once drove all the way to Morristown, TN...which is more-less a 3 hour drive for me. I get there meet the guy (who didn't look like he did online...figures right?) and go to dinner at some run of the mill Asian restaurant and while things were eh so-so at the end of it all he had the nerve to say "So who's getting this?" as in who's paying for dinner! It's one thing when you drive across town or something but 3 hours of driving going across pretty much all of the smoky mountains is a bit much and expect me to even pay my half of dinner...

Hmmm I'm not the only one that has happened to then.

artyboy Wrote:Hmmm I'm not the only one that has happened to then.

Nah I suppose it happens a lot to guys...

It is a matter of learning from your mistakes, I probably would have avoided some of these bad dates if I was a little more critical of them. Makes me think a lot about other things I have either done, dealt with or persisted. Does kind of make you wonder about the psychological aspect of why do we put ourselves through so much crap because "we like" someone? I guess I'm getting off track.
Check out my stuff!