Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thinking about comming out, Having doubts.
I know I'm new here, and I probably shouldn't go off disagreeing with everyone right out of the gate but I found my way into this thread and just had to make a few points:

1) I've come out to a fair number of people at this point, and I've never once been 100% comfortable doing it. I've known 100% that it was the right thing to do and that it would make relationships and my life better, but it was always a very uncomfortable conversation. Maybe that's just me though.

2) While I agree that we should be in an age where "coming out" isn't necessary, we still live in a world where we're a minority and what sets us apart isn't always immediately evident. Sometimes if it is important to us that a person know, it becomes necessary to specifically tell them. For instance, I felt that out of respect to my friends and family I should inform them that I am gay before I introduced a boyfriend to them. That way we could discuss any questions or concerns they had and I could help them be more comfortable with the idea.

I know I'm only speaking from my personal experiences, but those are points I felt needed to be added to a thread like this. I hope I'm not stepping on any toes by doing so.

ParadoxicalMe Wrote:I know I'm only speaking from my personal experiences, but those are points I felt needed to be added to a thread like this. I hope I'm not stepping on any toes by doing so.

Dude, I think you politely added to the discussion. Nothing wrong with different views.
You made some good and valid points. Xyxthumbs

Welcome to GS!Confusedmile: