Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thinking of going to a gay club etc???
Hey guys and girls I'm thinking of going to a gay club (etc), but I've only ever been to a gay pub in Bath before, so not sure if I should or not and also I'm not sure how to asked my gay friends if they could take me.

Any ideas guys and girls???

:confused:

Any one??

Where are you thinking of going, what makes you unsure and do your friends normally go to gay clubs?

Just to be sure - are we talking music and dancing clubs or naked saunas and orgies club??

BiPenny Wrote:Where are you thinking of going, what makes you unsure and do your friends normally go to gay clubs?

Just to be sure - are we talking music and dancing clubs or naked saunas and orgies club??

I'm talking about music and dancing clubs not naked saunas and orgies club lol!!

I got a lesbian who's a year younger than me, I think she goes to gay clubs and that but I have only just started making friends with her.

My other gay friend is a lot older than me but I know he does go out, he keeps going on about it lol!

I'm not sure as I've never been to one...

Dood why not suggest a night out to one or the other ask how they'd feel bout ya taggin along till ya got comfortable goin alone Wink either that or try goin alone durin the week when it's not as busy or early on a weekend ( get yerself comfortable with the place then goin alone won't be a big deal) it's rare to go to a club and not end up joinin company once ya there! Xyxthumbs

All things being equal I would go along with Phil's suggestion. However, is the mobility thing an issue in this case? If you can get there, go for it.

A new face, new friends and going out clubbing ... can't keep up with you, sweetlad Wink

Good luck, have fun!

Phil has some good advice there - let them know you fancy a night out and say you're not sure. Ask them to go with you. Or when your older friend talks about his nights out ask if you can tag along next time (if he's the sort of guy who usually pulls whilst out make sure you have arrnagements to get home alone safely and easily).

As for the clubs themselves it completely depends upon where you go as to what to expect once you are there (and I will admit that my experience is limited to gay clubs in London so my apologies if this is waaaay out!!). Most 'commercially gay' places (eg G-A-Y) will be centred around pop music, some modern (and a liberal helping of madonna, kylie, britney, leona and katie perry!!!) and some 70s/80s/90s. They will usually hold different nights centred around different themes; this is more the clubs than the bars. Some more mainstream gay venues (such as Heaven before G-A-Y got its hands on the place!!) are pretty much like your average 'straight' club.

Expect to see some gratuitous public displays of affection but not really any more so than you see in other bars/clubs. Expect fabulous outfits, blokes wearing very little (more often than not they are the ones who really should cover up!!) and questionable dance moves - but generally expect to see what you see in any other bar or club you have been in. It really depends where you go.

Are you based in Bath or do you just happen to have been to a bar there? If so do you mind me asking where you are based (and I apologise cos I have asked that question before I'm sure but I can't remember where my bloody elbow is at the moment!!) I only know where my toe is cos it f*ckin hurts!!)

Any more questions just shout up - or PM me!

Funny thing is, if your planning on going somewhere local to home, you will be surprised to see that you might recognise a few people at the gay club. When I first went, there were people there who i thought were anti-gays! So if your not ready to come out, i would suggest somewhere a bit further away from home; but otherwise go for it. Smile

BiPenny Wrote:Phil has some good advice there - let them know you fancy a night out and say you're not sure. Ask them to go with you. Or when your older friend talks about his nights out ask if you can tag along next time (if he's the sort of guy who usually pulls whilst out make sure you have arrnagements to get home alone safely and easily).

As for the clubs themselves it completely depends upon where you go as to what to expect once you are there (and I will admit that my experience is limited to gay clubs in London so my apologies if this is waaaay out!!). Most 'commercially gay' places (eg G-A-Y) will be centred around pop music, some modern (and a liberal helping of madonna, kylie, britney, leona and katie perry!!!) and some 70s/80s/90s. They will usually hold different nights centred around different themes; this is more the clubs than the bars. Some more mainstream gay venues (such as Heaven before G-A-Y got its hands on the place!!) are pretty much like your average 'straight' club.

Expect to see some gratuitous public displays of affection but not really any more so than you see in other bars/clubs. Expect fabulous outfits, blokes wearing very little (more often than not they are the ones who really should cover up!!) and questionable dance moves - but generally expect to see what you see in any other bar or club you have been in. It really depends where you go.

Are you based in Bath or do you just happen to have been to a bar there? If so do you mind me asking where you are based (and I apologise cos I have asked that question before I'm sure but I can't remember where my bloody elbow is at the moment!!) I only know where my toe is cos it f*ckin hurts!!)

Any more questions just shout up - or PM me!

Bob Wrote:Funny thing is, if your planning on going somewhere local to home, you will be surprised to see that you might recognise a few people at the gay club. When I first went, there were people there who i thought were anti-gays! So if your not ready to come out, i would suggest somewhere a bit further away from home; but otherwise go for it. Smile

I well I based in Newport South Wales, I'm studying here so I'm not any where any one I know..

People do know that I'm bi so I'm kind of out lol!

marshlander Wrote:All things being equal I would go along with Phil's suggestion. However, is the mobility thing an issue in this case? If you can get there, go for it.

Yes sweets, Not exactly sure what the issue is in your post. Seems that you do have access to a couple people you could ask and Phil has made some good suggestions. If the issue is on asking "my gay friends if they could take me" and this involves transportation and mobility issues then please let us know.

You could contact the club before hand to make sure you have proper access. Maybe another concern is that you wont be able to find a place to sit or rest if you get tired out... that may also be something a call to the club may put your mind at rest.

Knowing your musical taste I am sure that going out anywhere and getting into the beats with a crowd is the most fun and am sure that you will find a way to enjoy it all to the best!