Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This Is Kind of Frustrating
I met some guys a while ago. They seemed really nice and one of them works at a retail store in my neighborhood. I recently had a friend and his partner moved away so it was nice t meet some new friends. Since they've gone, I've had a hard time finding people to go out with. I thought these guys (That say "We should hang out") would want to but it seems that they don't. I have to admit I've struggled with lonliness most of my life and I just jump at the chance to go out. Every time we make plans or I text inviting them, they can never do it. I had run into one of them yesterday and he said he wanted to hang out tonight. I sent a text this evening and he told me that they were already out and were on their way back home. I can't tell you had terrible I feel. It makes me think there is something wrong with me and I just haven't figured it out. FrogAfter all these attempts, I kind of feel I should just take the hint and find some new people to hang out with, which is really hard. I could be just too needy (I will admit this) but I also think if people want to hang out with you they'll be more inclusive. Just had to vent.

I have a friend like that, he'll tell me he's going to call right back and never does or give a date to hangout but he wont be home. I got used to it really, I keep in touch with him and when he doesn't text but calls and invites me over then I'll know for sure he wants to hangout. You just have to have patients with people like that.
[Image: tumblr_n60lwfr0nK1tvauwuo2_250.gif]

What you really need to do is widen your social circle, in order to meet more people.

Have you thought about volunteering at your local LGBT office as a starting point, or maybe volunteering at something else?

ObW
X

Get more people to hang out with.
ALWAYS make a plan B just in case.
Finding friends isnt hard...just be confident, be yourself and most importantly be mysterious.
that way people want to know more Wink
Try not letting them know everything about you too quickly. Make them wonder lol.
works for me. people are always questioning what im about :p

You've got to be your own best friend.

If you cant be friends with yourself, then why would anybody else want too?

Not saying that to be mean, but its more of a case of "he acts like he doesnt need friends, so lets be friends with him". Stupid I know, but thats the mentality of some of these people.

My friends circle is limited, simply because I prefer it that way. I do not have time, nor do I want to waste time with idiots, morons, and people who have no thought or manners concerning others.
I dont like my time wasted.

If you are needy, you will act needy, regardless of whether you think you are acting like that or not.
This shows in your actions and words.

Some people are just happy with their little "cliques". They dont mind if other people want to join, but they arent going to make any effort to accommodate you. I usually leave these people alone.

Be happy with you. When you are happy with you, other people will get this vibe from you and want to hang around you.

First of all there is absolutely nothing wrong with you.
Second find a new lot of friends that will actually appreciate your company.

I know it's hard to be alone , but sweetie your happiness should never be determent by the company of others.