Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This is how easily we can be hacked
This almost makes me want to shut down my computer and never use it again:

http://www.ba-bamail.com/video.aspx?emailid=24103
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

[MENTION=18457]LONDONER[/MENTION] I hacked you... I know where you are, you're in...London Tongue

(of course I'm joking, I did not hack you)

Anyway, yes, there are holes in everything, not just the software but people. People will give it away and it is so damn easy it is nuts.

Only way is to live off the grid...or take xanax...your pick. The point is you can't worry too much, just can try to make the best choices and understand that what you're doing may come with risks...like running a blog. Or posting or saying certain things of social media.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

For your email use a rare phrase that you enjoy.

Edwardtheblackprincecharges101
That was my last E-mail password. Unless they manage to install a keylogger on my sytem they aint getting that.

And your email is the gateway to whole thing since it allows a hacker to reset all your other passwords.

If I understood correctly, it's possible to find the IP of every person currently visiting a page you're on, on any website by doing some simple command stuff in cmd Tongue
Was wondring about how to find the IP of certain people on a site some years ago, and googled it. Wasn't that hard.
So if someone wants to find out where you might live, it's easy to do so. Thus why people should use a VPN all the time.

Ibex Wrote:If I understood correctly, it's possible to find thinterface, it's pr IP of every person currently visiting a page you're on, on any website by doing some simple command stuff in cmd Tongue
Was wondring about how to find the IP of certain people on a site some years ago, and googled it. Wasn't that hard.
So if someone wants to find out where you might live, it's easy to do so. Thus why people should use a VPN all the time.

Or maybe try a protected browser like Tor for PC or Opera mini for mobile.
If someone traced my IP right now they'd discover that I'm posting from Helsinki using Safari 4.0

Not that I give anyone reason to track me down. I just like the opera interface, it's pretty and the data savings are really nifty.

I agree that a stong password is a keuy factor but as the video shows, even those can be hacked. Howevber, I do wonder why anyone would want to bother to hack my e-mails since they contain such uninteresting stuff. Admittedly I do do online banking using Avast SafeZone (not infallible but pretty secure) but the system my bank uses is pretty secure. In order to log in I have to type in my customer number and then I have to put my credit card in to a card reader that generates a new and unique number each time. I have to type this in before I can access my account. As this system requires the the physical presence of my credit card and card reader and as the number generated is unique each time, I wonder how a hacker could get past that?

No doubt some clever geek will tell me.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams