Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This is why I don't let my walls come down!!
I am sorry. Maybe he could feel that was getting serious for you, and after some time he realized that at the age of 20 he didn't want to make this commitment. Maybe he feels that he wants to meet many guys, before he is 35 like you are. It's possible that it has nothing to do with you, just with his age.

It's funny, he's responding to my texts more now than he has in two weeks.

15 years is a big deal. You have sorted through your early life, he is sorting through his. Your goals are 15 years ahead of his... All of this college, career and other 'stuff' does have a huge impact on relationships.

He is trying to balance out education and work with a relationship - its isn't easy and he appears to see that he is stealing time from you to do the right thing with his life.

For a 19 year old, he seems to be a bit more mature than his age would suggest. He set it all out for you and made it clear where he is, how he feels and how he thinks you both should progress.

Its not like he decided to just dump you and you discovered him in a bed with someone else. He is trying to do the right thing, which if he is in college and preparing for his adult life and career, 'breaking up' and focusing on school and this sort of stuff may very well be the right choice.

Right doesn't always mean less painful.

I just keep thinking that maybe, just maybe he'll call and say he's sorry and he's thought it through and he wants to work this out! God I'm such an idiot!!

What are those 5 steps of grieving????

Denial, anger, bargaining, depression, and acceptance.

You're still in the first stage bud.

Hang in there. Spend time with friends, family hobbies, stay busy no matter what. Don't let your mind dwell on things. Get a lot of exercise so it's easier to fall asleep at night.

I am so sorry to hear that this has happened to you...........
No no no........you are not a fool. No way . Don't think that. You are in love and that is why you felt that way. Stability is good for you relationship and if he wants a break and wants to pursue his dreams............then you have to physically and emotionally let him go I am sorry to say..........
Take care and all the best...........

I just don't know how to let him go. He says he wants to still be a part of my life but I don't know how to let him cause it hurts so much. I don't think I'll ever get over this.

You will, in time. Right now I'd tell him you need some space to lick your wounds as it were. In time you will be able to be friends, but I think right now, you need your space and, he probably needs his as well.

Break ups are never easy, but we do survive them and, we do love again.

You're in good company here, several of us have recently or, are now going through something similar.

I just feel like I was some " project" for him to fix up and now that I'm " all better" he's moving on to a new project!

Did he actually say that, or even say things that implied that? I know, there has to be a reason other than him choosing to focus on career and school and such, otherwise it shouldn't hurt so much. Maybe that is the only reason and, it still hurts, even if part of you knows he did the right thing?