• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This makes feel so cold...
This is so... stupid. I feel so abused.

http://www.berkshireeagle.com/ci_2273883...lical-play

EDIT:

(rant removed)

EDIT:
I hate the play, I hate protesting.

I´m confused, are you annoyed by the comments? Or the fact that people are complaining about the school play?

Actually I am a Christian. And a bit more than 'just' a Christian. Like you know ordained, having a doctorate in ministry - other minor things....

Yep Atheists are fools (you brought up the subject so lets discuss) Its in the bible, which I read very often and have studied amongst a whole bunch of other 'religious' texts.

In this case we have a play of gays who are taking a massive dump on the biblical story knowing full well what they are doing. They are purposefully pressing for 'argument'.

"In allowing this attack on the Mother of God through the play ‘The Most Fabulous Story Ever Told,' you offend the religious faith of tens of millions of Catholic and other Christian Americans," the petition language reads. "There is no excuse or reason for this blasphemy."

Yep, that is exactly what is happening. Of course those who believe what they believe see this as an attack. Because, you see, it is an attack. A slap in the face.

If that school play was real smart they would focus on the story of David and Johnathon and play them exactly by the book (the Bible) and reveal the horrible truth that David and John were in fact gay lovers. Or the story of Ruth and Naomi, a lesbian couple.

THOSE stories are truer and pertain far much more to the issue of LGBT and Christianity.

Instead the 'art' here is to directly attack and cause a lot of hard feelings. The director/writer whoever pushed this knew full well that such a thing would rile up the angry mob. They did it on purpose.

So the anger for this is justified in this case.

Two wrongs never make a right. Never.

Don't forget had the rapists raped the little girls Lot offered them (his own daughters) that the city presumably would be spared...certainly so if it was homosexuality that caused God's wrath rather than rape.

(Btw, many try to whitewash Lot, some interesting while others absurd, but the most hilarious explanation I got was from a Muslim who said Lot was going to MARRY his 2 virgin daughters to the ENTIRE CITY, this being after he brought it up on a lesbian video on why we were evil, he sure didn't appreciate people talking to him in the same tones of self-righteousness when I turned the tables on him just for fun and I lost count on how many angry messages I got with rationalization for it before I caught the responses the next day).

I can have some fun with the myth of Lot's daughters putting a rufie in their father's drink to steal his seed, from talking about male physiology and how if he was truly passed out unconscious and they were still able to do it then likely Lot suffered from Priapism, in which I understand sex is painful & unpleasant for sufferers and thus might explain a less than righteous reason for why Lot didn't take part in the city's popular activities.

Of course I think it's all BS anyway. If there's any truth to it then I imagine Lot was cast out for the sin he condemned (as so many like that project into others), murdered his wife, and raped his daughters and then said they wanted it and he was the real victim, though I prefer to believe it was just a demented fantasy some jerk came up with to control the people (much like how hardcore Christians continue to invent total fabrications to justify their position to this day).

ETA: my response was to something mentioned in the now removed rant on what a poster said about S&G.

And btw, I do see the play as needlessly provoking and counterproductive...not to say there isn't a place for that (as long as it's good), but putting it in a school is guaranteed to light some metaphoric torches (IOW, trolling).

I don’t know anything about this play, so I don’t know to what degree I could consider it offensive. I do however find it a little bit inappropriate for a public school to promote/allow these kinds of materials. Although, in general terms, I don´t see what can be consider formative on a play of this nature.

Btw, I tried finding out more about this play and found the guy who wrote it also wrote Addams Family Values. He can't be all bad then, and just maybe the play is kinda funny (if in a more mocking rather than truly satirical way). Here's a scene from Addams Family Values (where trying to force the outcast kids, including 2 Addams, to participate in a play of pretty much white, Christian values drastically backfires):

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:Actually I am a Christian. And a bit more than 'just' a Christian. Like you know ordained, having a doctorate in ministry - other minor things....

Yep Atheists are fools (you brought up the subject so lets discuss) Its in the bible, which I read very often and have studied amongst a whole bunch of other 'religious' texts.

In this case we have a play of gays who are taking a massive dump on the biblical story knowing full well what they are doing. They are purposefully pressing for 'argument'.

"In allowing this attack on the Mother of God through the play ‘The Most Fabulous Story Ever Told,' you offend the religious faith of tens of millions of Catholic and other Christian Americans," the petition language reads. "There is no excuse or reason for this blasphemy."

Yep, that is exactly what is happening. Of course those who believe what they believe see this as an attack. Because, you see, it is an attack. A slap in the face.

If that school play was real smart they would focus on the story of David and Johnathon and play them exactly by the book (the Bible) and reveal the horrible truth that David and John were in fact gay lovers. Or the story of Ruth and Naomi, a lesbian couple.

THOSE stories are truer and pertain far much more to the issue of LGBT and Christianity.

Instead the 'art' here is to directly attack and cause a lot of hard feelings. The director/writer whoever pushed this knew full well that such a thing would rile up the angry mob. They did it on purpose.

So the anger for this is justified in this case.

"Tit for tat"?
or
Judge not, lest ye be judged?

So its ok for flagrant, homophobic, bigoted, religious zealots to do this kind of thing....
but the tables cant be turned????

Im just saying......

MisterTinkles Wrote:"Tit for tat"?
or

So its ok for flagrant, homophobic, bigoted, religious zealots to do this kind of thing....
I believe not.

The play is so stupid. Why are people so stupid? I hate this.

MisterTinkles Wrote:"Tit for tat"?
or

Im just saying......