Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This makes feel so cold...
Chase Wrote:The play is so stupid. Why are people so stupid? I hate this.

I´m so confused about what it actually bothering you jajaja

oiramittedeneb Wrote:I´m so confused about what it actually bothering you jajaja

This play is so stupid, yet, obviously it would of course be seen as an insult. I mean, I'm upset that they made this play over something they knew would stir up protest. I'm also upset at all the stupid religious who are upset. Mainly, they can consider me to be a peace of trash (Psalms 14:1), conspire to have me tortured forever (Mark 16:16), and apparently pray every night to have me tortured by locust monsters in this life (Revelation 9), yet they can't take a stupid play? It's like they're suddenly the same as the Muslims after that stupid movie about Muhammad. I as an American know it doesn't represent the USA, and I as a person think they shouldn't be bothered by it.
Like, WTF? I just want to live a normal life, and, NO. It's bad enough that most of the religious think every gay person is some how a fricken rapist from their messed up reading of Sodom and Gomorrah, and now I have to live with this?
People hate gays even more now because of that stupid play, and my life is filled with even more angst.
I just want to live in a world where people just don't care about me being gay, and that is clearly never going to happen.
I mean, more and more people now are going to hate me now, for something I don't agree with.
I blaspheme. I think the Catholic Church should apologize to me for having it outlawed in Ireland. But I'm not going to blaspheme in front of them unless they're asking for it. I don't want the play, I don't want people getting upset., I don't want people hating me for being gay even more than before.

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:Yep Atheists are fools

Really Bowyn? I've must of mistook you for being more thoughtful than that. I understand you believe what you believe, fine (even though that's kind of a shock in and of itself). But name calling over different beliefs? That's beneath you good sir.

Pertaining to the original post:

I of coarse have not read the play, but my heart was won over at "The Most Fabulous Story Ever Told." Nobody has a copyright on the truth, no matter what cloth they're adorned with.

No, son. They (churches) actually hate you far less than they did me when I was a kid.

Why? Because of the thousands of 'gays' who wrote and did a whisper campaign through the years explaining those passages and trying to win based on the aspect of Gods love. And also because of those who stood up and showed that being LGBT doesn't mean abnormal or murderer or rapist.

This 'war' you see is actually being won by the LGBT. Sure the Organizations of churches are against, but the parishioners, the laity are more for LGBT today than at any time in the past 2000 years.

This play is a set back, more suited for the 1980's than the 21st century.

Well, I can only say that what is being done is fairly irresponsible, and the fact that is in a school makes it worst. I can see the same-sex marriage issue putting homosexuality in the table for an open and healthy discussion, but I feel that this kind of play (and in this situation) portrays homosexuality as a mockery and a threat in an unnecessary manner that won’t lead to any constructive discussion on the issue. Sadly we won’t be the generation that will see a time where homosexuality is not taboo in some degree.

Surely this play is fun in a way, it might even be entertaining, but a school is no place for these kind of entertainments, or at least of what I´ve been reading I don’t see what could be consider formative in this play.

[Image: addiscartoon1.jpg]

oiramittedeneb Wrote:Well, I can only say that what is being done is fairly irresponsible, and the fact that is in a school makes it worst. I can see the same-sex marriage issue putting homosexuality in the table for an open and healthy discussion, but I feel that this kind of play (and in this situation) portrays homosexuality as a mockery and a threat in an unnecessary manner that won’t lead to any constructive discussion on the issue. Sadly we won’t be the generation that will see a time where homosexuality is not taboo in some degree.

Surely this play is fun in a way, it might even be entertaining, but a school is no place for these kind of entertainments, or at least of what I´ve been reading I don’t see what could be consider formative in this play.

That is just it. I mean, "The most Fabulous" - first of all, how dare they replace the word marvelous with fabulous, and secondly in the North I thought we were at a point where we were past that whole cultural statement crap. It just goes back to that whole counter-culture BS. Now, even though the fundies can say every gay person is a rapist from some imaginary city, they can see this as an attack it being counter-culture and be offended (even though they can be on a whole level of offensiveness I could never possibly be on), and every homophobe can take it as a chance to sympathize with them and give acceptable homophobia like on the comment section. Not to mention the whole thing is stupid to begin with.