Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This or That
Ha, yeah, specially after they ran out of fuel! If only they had concentrated full power on Volgograd...sorry...Stalingrad to cut off supply lines towards the caucasus and then captured Grozny and then Baku...ahhh...what a difference it would have made. Forget about Leningrad for Christ sake that port spends a good number of months frozen to be strategically important.

Not that Soviets were ever "Allies" but I'll take a gigantic field and the chance to obliterate Wehrmacht panzer divisions over a neverending trench campaign in the crappy terrain of the "softbelly" that turned out to be "one tough gut"

battleship (I mean a beast like the Yamato of course) or light aircraft carrier ?

No doubt,

Light aircraft carrier

Stratigicaly, an aircraft carrier is far better off, in that it does not have to engage directly, and can bring the offencive to the battleship whilst staying out of the range of the battleship.

Secondly, the carrier as a weapons platform will not put itself in jepardy during an engagement, whereas for the battleship to engage, the entire platform needs to be put at risk.

Where I to command a carrier engaging a battleship such as the Y! I would split the attack 60 / 40. 60 torpedoes 40 arial bombardment.

Whilst on thee subject, submerine or surface warship? Given approximate equal capabilities

The plating below water line is far more vonerable than the superstructure

Surface warship. After sonar submarine warfare just wasn't the same.

Israel 1967 or Greece 1913? (talking about alleged David vs.Golliat scenarios)

Greece

Istanbul or Constantinople?

(Byzantine not Ottoman please) Constantinopolis

Wien or Beograd?

wien

paris or london

London

rain-uber wind-storm front or dry-heat-sandstorm?

rain-uber wind-storm front

A date in the park or a date at a romantic restaurant

A date in the park.

Beef or fish?

Beer

Films or TV series?