Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This young man needs help
I can't stay silent anymore.

A friend of mine informed me about an abuse situation with another young man on another forum.

This young man lives in queens, he's being beaten and starved by his parents.

He is on the forum empty closets, his forum name is Rakkuas.

I've tried to go trough normal channels, but I don't feel like anything is happening. I don't want to read about this kid in the paper. If you have the ability to help him please do so.

My name is Richard and I live in Ft Benning, GA.

Please Help

Go directly to the local network news with this!
In person.

If that doesnt work, go directly to the Mayors office and file a report there.

I'll see if I can help him with anything. Basically going to regurgitate the speech my cousin from children's aid gave me about my own abusive father, and tell him he has options. Then I'll try make him see them. Then believe them. I read through his posts, he isn't ever going to give up. And well, I'm upset, but amazed by his story. He is braver than me, and he has less hope in his brightest time as I did at my darker times, and yet he is trying. He deserves to be cared about. Thank you for posting this. Thank you; thank you; thank you.

Also his name is Rakkaus. He kind of looks like a human sized doll, a not creepy one that is.

Call the police.

The reality is in a situation where there is abuse like this, your personally trying to deal with it leads to a lot more problems than it solves. You are not the law, you do not have the law behind you and such personal conflicts of interest usually end up giving the wrong doer some magical pass to get out trial free over some silly nonsense relating to something called 'rights'....

I have no idea how much 'worth' internet posts have to the police, but it is my understanding that the police will investigate any alleged abuse that is pointed out to them. Thus if a person suspects the screams of the child across the way are not caused by accident (falling down) but by abuse, then a call to the police to go over to investigate is taken at face value, as possible abuse until demonstrated otherwise.

Of course there is the flip side here. After all you only have the allegations of neglect and abuse. For all you know this is a 46 year old fat woman (did I mention ugly as sin too?) living in some godawful southern state playing a malicious game of tom foolery in order to get sympathy and her own shit and giggles from riling up the forum members.

People DO do that you know.

I will help if you can get the Forum Administrator/owner to check to see where the IP is located. While it won't pinpoint the house, it will at least tell you if this message is being posted from New York or some God awful place like Arkansas..... Rolleyes

If the police are involved they will also ask for the IP address to better locate this person.

If there is real abuse going on, the police will take charge. If this is a minor they will be yanked out of that house so fast it will make heads spin, and the laws on abuse, neglect and the like have gotten pretty harsh over the past couple decades. The law will handle it and the wheels of justice will grind this very finely.

I would do what Bowyn Aerrow said to do.

Well I'd be skeptical of this kind of posting on a forum. The forum administrators should use the IP of the poster to contact his ISP and local police. It would be unusual for someone to have that kind of access to the internet without access to police themselves, which makes it seem a lot like a hoax.

OrphanPip Wrote:Well I'd be skeptical of this kind of posting on a forum. The forum administrators should use the IP of the poster to contact his ISP and local police. It would be unusual for someone to have that kind of access to the internet without access to police themselves, which makes it seem a lot like a hoax.

Pip makes a pretty logical point. It might be wise to encourage him to contact the police himself.

Well, I still think it needs to be investigated just to be sure but keep in mind that it's a forum and people are likely to lie.

I admit I haven't read his posts. But do you think that it is so easy to call cops to investigate your parents when you may be dependent on them?

Well, I better read it I guess, before I add anything more.
The internet paranoia is very damaging. Without it you will get hurt easily, but being too cautious can lead into people not believing anything and not helping anybody just to be safe.

It's hard to decide who you will trust when you want to actively participate in the internet life Sad

OrphanPip Wrote:Well I'd be skeptical of this kind of posting on a forum. The forum administrators should use the IP of the poster to contact his ISP and local police. It would be unusual for someone to have that kind of access to the internet without access to police themselves, which makes it seem a lot like a hoax.

Yeah but being in an abusive home with access to school, access to pay phones down the road and on my way to school not once did I drop a dime on my parents to police, teacher, school counselor anyone.

The internet gives people a feeling of anonymity which most likely makes this kid (if it is a kid who is being abused) feel 'safe' about talking to someone not knowing that that person can get the authorities involved.

While it was true that I was slightly brainwashed to fear the Authorities - I was also told on the pain of death (my death mostly, other people's deaths were threatened) to act and behave 'normally' at school and in public - even given a full detailed 'story' to tell strangers (stranger being anyone outside of the home and that included grandma, great grandma, and other relatives).

That fear of death will keep a kid silent. It also is effective in keeping adults silent as well.

Abusers tend to isolate and make their victims terrified to seek real help, there are many methods they can employ - a lot of that is a sort of brainwashing.

IF this is a real case of abuse, the kid most likely is suffering under this influence and doesn't see the internet as a magical way to get saved, but only as a way to relieve some of the pain.