Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thomas Hitzlsperger comes out as being gay
I dont really get why its front page news, I've never heard of him. I think there will always be homophobia in football, particularly the fans, the players have to be better behaved.

partis Wrote:I dont really get why its front page news, I've never heard of him. I think there will always be homophobia in football, particularly the fans, the players have to be better behaved.

In Hitzlsperger's own words:

"We still have a long way to go because we fear a reaction and we don't know what will happen," Hitzlsperger, who won 52 caps for Germany, told BBC Radio 4's Today programme.

"I can't imagine playing football and doing this at the same time."
Hitzlsperger, who also had spells at West Ham and Everton, admitted he thought about coming out while he was still playing.
But he decided against doing so because he felt the resulting scrutiny on him might have proved too much of a distraction from on-pitch matters.
"Towards the end of my career, I was pretty sure I was gay, that I wanted to be with a man and live with a man," Hitzlsperger said.
"About two years ago, I was almost at the same point where I wanted to speak out. I've never been ashamed of it and towards the end I thought about it.
"But I thought I still I wanted to be a football player more than I wanted issues of talking about my private life.
"Anything that was distracting me from football, I put it to one side. Certainly dealing with this issue takes a lot of time and energy so I thought: 'I don't really want to deal with it.'"

Hitzlsperger's club career

August 2000: The 18-year-old joins Aston Villa from Bayern Munich's youth set-up
August 2005: After almost 100 appearances for Villa, he makes a free transfer move to Stuttgart and wins the Bundesliga in 2006-07 season
January 2010: Joins Lazio but only makes six appearances for the Italian team
June 2010: Moves to West Ham on a free transfer, but plays just 11 times for the club
August 2011: Signs for Wolfsburg on a free transfer following West Ham's relegation from Premier League
October 2012: Joins Everton on short-term deal, making seven appearances for the
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

He's not even that hot u.u

As per my previous 237 statements on this subject.......

Your personal preferences on who you date/fall in love with have absolutely NO BEARING on your job, your status, or what kind of person you are. Therefore this "news" is, again, nothing more than a SALES gimmick to drum up MORE business.

And I find THAT offensive, as to what personal preferences I have are NOT A SALES GIMMICK for some corporation!!

MisterTinkles Wrote:As per my previous 237 statements on this subject.......

Your personal preferences on who you date/fall in love with have absolutely NO BEARING on your job, your status, or what kind of person you are. Therefore this "news" is, again, nothing more than a SALES gimmick to drum up MORE business.

And I find THAT offensive, as to what personal preferences I have are NOT A SALES GIMMICK for some corporation!!

I hardly see how he can be drumming up business for a team he no longer works for.

he's sexy too ....his nickname is the Hammer (don't get excited you pervs lol ) its because he has a powerful left foot shot........shame it cant be a nickname he got in the showers

Making front page news and headline news because of sexuality turns sexuality into a fucking circus....who gives a flying fuck if this weak as piss 'sports man' comes out at the end of his career when no one gives a shit about who he is...he is merely drawing attention to himself.

There was a good article in todays Guardian newspaper about this, from Robbie Rogers, the last player to come out.

Despite what others may feel about the recent high profile sports people who have recently come out, Im very supportive if it allows younger people to be more comfortable with their own sexuality.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree...s-come-out

ObW
X

Thanks ObW, I too hope that it helps younger people come to terms wikth their sexuality. Collectively we are making headway little by little and it is the higher profile guys who make things easier. Maybe the younger people living today don't realise just how hard life has been for those old enough to remember when homosexuality could be punished with a prison sentence.

OlderButWiser Wrote:There was a good article in todays Guardian newspaper about this, from Robbie Rogers, the last player to come out.

Despite what others may feel about the recent high profile sports people who have recently come out, Im very supportive if it allows younger people to be more comfortable with their own sexuality.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree...s-come-out

ObW
X

what would be inspirational is someone that stopped denying their sexuality because 'its tough in that industry' and grow a vagina and stand proudly as a gay man or woman rather than wait till the end of their career and their fame is dwindling only to find notoriety as the gay Ex 'insert sport'sman here'

It is what all those guys who in the 70's and 80 risked their lives for....these miserable cunts are risking what exactly by coming out??? Fame??? fortune...sorry, they made the wrong decision to stay in the closet to proect material wealth and that is definately not a message I would like to be sent to our youth.