Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Those daft descriptions
I've just posted my 500th message and noticed that my status has changed to "Godlike". Since I find this embarrassing in the extreme I hereby renounce all deity and inference of any such status, acquired or assumed.

I feel it much more appropriate to describe myself as "terminally confused".

Thank you,

marshlander
20th June 2008

Bless you - would you like me to see whether there's anything that can be done to edit it to tone it down for you babe ?

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

Shadow Wrote:Bless you - would you like me to see whether there's anything that can be done to edit it to tone it down for you babe ?

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!
You have such mighty power? Certainly, if it is possible. Thank you.

Indeed, there is nothing Godlike about being able to write 500 posts... lol, even if it shows mighty persistence. Love you Humanlike.

At least GS didn't mention anything about your age marshy!lol Wink

Dan1089 Wrote:At least GS didn't mention anything about your age marshy!lol Wink
Cheeky young whippersnapper Wink . I've never hidden it ... it's there as a warning to all :eek:

"God! You are old" was recently said to me by an on-line friend!!!

fjp999 Wrote:"God! You are old" was recently said to me by an on-line friend!!!

What's wrong with OLD? ... in certain cases it's a proof of longevity, sometimes of wisdom, if nothing else, isn't it? What's more, it's the one thing that will (hopefully) happen to everyone equally. Your time will come is that answer that ought to be made; Anyway, it's callous, rude and silly. How did we ever change from venerating the elderly to despising them?

princealbertofb Wrote:What's wrong with OLD? ... in certain cases it's a proof of longevity, sometimes of wisdom, if nothing else, isn't it? What's more, it's the one thing that will (hopefully) happen to everyone equally. Your time will come is that answer that ought to be made; Anyway, it's callous, rude and silly. How did we ever change from venerating the elderly to despising them?

It really is insane. I love talking to people older than me - especially the ancient ones who have such a peace about them. Very jealous of that.

My old Italian grandfather sitting in the sun next to his beautiful garden is a memory I will never forget.

They will learn PofA

fjp999 Wrote:It really is insane. I love talking to people older than me - especially the ancient ones who have such a peace about them. Very jealous of that.

My old Italian grandfather sitting in the sun next to his beautiful garden is a memory I will never forget.

They will learn PofA

Hopefully, Frank, hopefully otherwise, their loss!...Rolleyes