Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts and feelings about "illegals"
ivorybenz Wrote:I dont like the term "illegals" but I do see where your coming from. It's like we're fighting to be in this world country cause we are gay. I dont see any difference. I would like to see the term "illegals" removed.

I have to agree. The term sounds really dehumanizing. "Alien" is another one... A legal term, I know, but just because of the popular connotation of space aliens I can't help but think that whenever one uses it to refer to illegal immigrants one is equating them with a bunch of bloodthirsty savage Martians storming the border. Silly, I know. Personal biases.

I've got my own rather personal reasons why I think we should work toward humane illegal immigration policy in the US.

Miles Prower Wrote:I've got my own rather personal reasons why I think we should work toward humane illegal immigration policy in the US.

What would such a policy be? Why shouldn't the U.S. deport illegal immigrants? If having kids is a get out of jail free card then prepare for an illegal immigrant baby boom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

I used to be strongly supportive of all immigration but as a result of experience and seeing what's happened to some inner city communities I am now strongly opposed to it and am fed up of the way things have become in some areas. For example, there are some horrific stories of Somalian gangs in London committing atrocities which could be considered as war crimes, drug dealing etc.
I am not saying all Somalis are like this, I am sure most aren't like that at all but there is no denying that new gangs have sprung up in recent years and most of them have grown up from a separatist culture.

However, I recognise that plenty of immigrants have contributed to this country as well and many are friendly, amicable people. So I don't know what to think. However, we cannot sustain this rate of immigration and there is no denying that the immigration system is abused. We now have Taliban members operating in Britain, Jiihadists and the like and really we do not know whos in the country or what they're up to.

Ian85 Wrote:I am not saying all Somalis are like this, I am sure most aren't like that at all but there is no denying that new gangs have sprung up in recent years and most of them have grown up from a separatist culture.

So the innocent majority should be punished along with the guilty few?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

I don't have a problem with immigration, I have a problem with immigrants who seek peace bring their conflicts from their own country to the countries that they are choosing to live in to escape those conflicts.

You don't got to someones house and redecorate it because you don't like it, so don't go to a new country and change it....acclimatise or go home.

As far as the treatment of illegals, I know some people are desperate to escape certain situations, but here in Australia, illegals (Boat People) are afforded greater financial assistance than a pensioner who has worked their guts out for 40+ years for their country. I Know, not the illegals fault, it's the goverments fault, but it grinds me that pensioners are living in poverty.

You make and illegal entry into a country, you need to be sent home or to a processing centre.

I am not against foreigners but I am against, atleast the Swedish migration system. As we are one of the biggest countries when it comes to taking in emigrants, but as many of them gets moved to the "Million Programs", areas that is only designed to overcrowd it self, almost as ghettos. Many, and I mean MANY of them living in those areas as an example "Rinkeby" in Stockholm (Our capitol) live ratter isolated within the suburbs and the education level of those living there and the standard of work and education is very poorly there, so as many of them are doomed to live under low standards and minimum wage works or welfare. As everyone is looking for fortune, many of them often joins gangs and/or is living as criminals, meanwhile the politicians closes they're eyes and only focuses in filling the areas instead of helping its inhabitants. Many musicians like "kartellen" (Who also happens to be one of the most respected criminal gang in Sweden) have protested against the system in songs like
as its chorus goes "every day we get shit and gets chased
if you are doing wrong is the life you are paying by
here lives killer robber and drug dealer
life of a gangster is a life under stress
every day we get shit and gets chased
if you are doing wrong is the life you are paying by
here lives killer robber and drug dealer
them live their lives with their 9 th and their stress"

If you come to a country you should atleast have the opportunity to boost its economy instead of leaching welfare with no possibility to contribute with something good on my opinion.

whats a" citizen of the world"? thats a bunch of crap

im no citizen of any place except USA

all the countries deport illegals -so what else is new? are you blaming just white usa people?-give me a break

im part Swedish by descent but i say fuck Sweden -i hate the government there -too liberal and at same time Fascist like recently they upheld that sex change people must get sterilized

i personally dont even advise sex change stuff for anyone and if hermaphrodite leave both intact

In America our "illegal immigration problem" is almost exclusively about Mexicans who cross the border looking for a better life. These "aliens" have it hard because they often risk their lives to cross the border and come here for jobs, ones that no U.S. citizen wants to do. Like working as maids or other demeaning minimum wage jobs. I am a child of immigrants, my mother came here. Legally, while my father used deceptive means to get a work visa and became a citizen by marrying my mother. Now I believe that these Mexicans who fulfill otherwise unwanted jobs should be given a green card or allowed to become a naturalized citizens as our economy needs immigrants to renew its work source
However we cannot take in a third of the population of Mexico. Immigrants need to realize that our streets are not "paved with gold" nor is this the "land of milk and honey" . It's becoming harder and harder for regular citizens like myself to get into colleges and universities, before if you had good grades coupled with good S.A,T. scores you could go to a good college, but now that's no longer so. Colleges are asking for credentials like: volunteer charity work, what job you held down during high school and what musical instruments you play. This is ridiculous. Show me these students with perfect grades and S.A.T. scores, who hold down a job throughout high school, volunteer lots of time for charities, and brilliantly play the piano and violin! Can they ride a unicycle too?
It's also wrong for states like Arizona to ask all people who look Hispanic to show proof of citizenship wherever they go, and have to fear being stopped anywhere because of their dark skin and hair. But the white Arizonans overwhelmingly support this law.

[SIZE="3"][COLOR="Navy"]I'm the son of a migrant from a British colony who settled in England and married my mother who's English. Saying that, Britain is a small country and at the rate of immigration from outside and inside the EU has become unsustainable, and if not stemmed will lead to undue pressure on Schools, the NHS, and other services.
The present Government has made it a point that they want to bring down the levels of immigration into Britain, but have found their words have fallen short of the exceptions. The British people have always welcomed migrants into Britain, but that is no longer the case, because of the social problems it's now causing.. A survey showed that many Africans that have come into Britain are now living on benefits that we can no longer afford. [/COLOR][/SIZE]