Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Three over medium with whole wheat toast
America's "leading nutritionists" have now decided that it is once again OK to eat eggs. Whodda thunk?

It goes along with the recognition that cholestrol is not so much influenced by intake as previously thought.

Just think of all the time I could have saved at confession had this been so for the last 40 years. I love eggs and have been eating them all along. Same with butter.

Do you like your egg salad and spaghetti carbonara or have you been weaned off chickenfruit?
I bid NO Trump!

I have eggs from time to time. I love a good omelette, but am not really a big fan of eggs.

I only have real butter, not margarine.

Eggs are one of my favorite foods...I pretty much like anything with eggs but an omelette is my standard favorite...and it has to be good or I would rather not have one at all. I have a go to restaurant that always has a line and you have to wait but they cook omelettes to perfection and they have 6 chefs who just do omelettes...been in business over 50 years too and I have been going there regularly since 1979....

I have never owned any margarine in my entire life and can probably count the number of times I have had it. I equate margarine with cancer and death. I only use real butter and since it takes me and my BF a long time to get through four sticks I could care less about the warnings...

Margarine has a horrible effect on my body...probably moreso because I am not used to it.

I start out with a hard boiled egg every day except when we are having eggs for supper.

And since I have cut back my butter consumption to very little....I agree. Better to have some butter than some manufactured chemicals.

I was never really a big egg fan, but then we got chickens! Lol Now we eat a LOT of eggs! Smile
~Beaux

"Eggs" are one of those foods I won't have for about a month, the I'll get a hankering. The diner down the street makes good omelets - not delicate, but they at least keep the eggs in good shape. I prefer a Denver omelet (which few people call it such here), but I'm down for other breakfast meats or a veggie one. I even like "Cheese'n'Eggs" at Waffle House, which has an utterly bizarre consistency I've never encountered elsewhere.

Lex

Back in Mirkwood I would get eggs from the Chicken Lady who raises her flock free range. I would buy - oops sorry, its illegal to sell eggs without a license - 'trade a gift of cash for a gift of a flat of eggs' with the egg lady.

[Image: 300x300px-LS-0c1d559c_10999.jpeg]

What was really cool was that eggs would come in these handy dandy seed starter trays which were completely biodegradable and allowed me to plant 30 carrot seeds evenly spaced apart (or other seeds that needed to be perfectly placed in the garden bed).

We would go through two flats of eggs a month, each flat holds 30 eggs, so that's 5 dozen (60 eggs) a month.

More in winter when I would bake.

Summer hard boiled eggs was nearly a ritual, hard boil a couple three dozen every couple weeks and peel and eat daily.

Bowyn, that seemed like a lot until I thought of it as two eggs a day which is what my dad would have preferred every morning.

Eggs have a lot to offer nutritionally and especially so for those on a low budget. You can also cook them in lots of ways. I am told that Escoffier had 600 ways to cook eggs.

Interesting that several above share my aversion to margarine. Butter for the win!
I bid NO Trump!

i don't change what i eat according to what some ''nutritionist'' or institution says. i eat what i like, and that's the end of it. the only modifier is taste.

one thing that i've stopped eating as an adult is potato chips. i just don't find them tasty anymore like i used to when i was 16-25. now i find they taste like cardboard. i don't know what it is, a some sort of change in taste receptors as you get older or what, but the potato chips have lost their tastiness for me. i used to clearly enjoy them, and now....meh.

and i've been eating eggs since i was born. i grew up in the countryside, and we had chicken, so eggs were always just there. eggs are tasty, i don't care if somebody says they're radioactive, i'll eat them. i've also been eating butter since i was born. i didn't even know it was thought to be ''unhealthy'' for you. but then again, i don't really follow the health recommendations on food. i trust my instincts better than someone's opinion.

and i always found it weird how people argued against natural foods. i'm no ''eat-natural'' activist by far, but i find it hard to believe that something humans have been consuming for thousands of years, suddenly becomes a health hazard in the 21st century. kind of nonsensical that.

PS. pasta carbonara is one of my favorites!

Not a big fan of eggs. I'll eat them if they're served to me, but I usually don't make them myself.

I do like egg salad, and eggs benedict.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!