Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Three things you did today
1) I threw some 30 peptides for both RP-HPLC and ESI-MS analysis, ran a SDS-PAGE to localize the recombinant I purified yesterday and I wanted to start dialysing it, but apparently I have to do it against 4 decreasing concentrations of urea (starting with mu current 6 M, ugh) 2 hours each and the dialysis buffer itself is a bit tricky to prepare.

2) I still have food from my Saturday cooking batch (go fridge!) but I started today on lunch for thursday and friday at least. Got the rice prepared, cause it's pretty durable. The meat with onion/carrot/spices plus the spinach with cream will be done tomorrow.

3) I finished reading paper 5 (our of 9) on African history (I started with China, already done Russia, South East Asia, South Pacific, Japan & Korea, Latin America and South Asia), currently on the late African Middle Ages: Mali Empire on the Sahel area, the Swahili-ran trading cities of South East Africa, the last years of the Almohads in North Africa, Egypt is under Mamluk rule and Abyssinia is still isolated but thriving.
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

1. I saw my Friend. Smile He was in a good mood today (last time I saw him, he was a little under stress), and I had a very pleasant talk with him.

2. Went to see Deepwater Horizon. One of the best films I've seen lately. Truly well-made, nothing pushed or invented in order to ''sell it''. Loved the cast. They wouldn't even have had to make it a disaster movie, I would have been deeply satisfied going on to watch a film about a daily life on a drilling rig. I don't even know why those things fascinate me.

3. Bought a couple of books on cosmology.

4. I stayed true to my loyalties, which are and always have been personal over professional. I will never compromise on that. For better or for worse.
''Do I look civilized to you?''

1. Drove across the Canadian/US border and back again.

2. Went nose-to-nose with a guy in Walmart that was rude as FUCK to me for no reason. (i.e. "Hey, you old fuck. I was born in Canada and have been a US citizen since the age of TWO. I speak English better than you do. I work hard, pay taxes, and vote... just like you. SO BACK THE FUCK OFF and go finish your shopping."

3. Finished assembling 25 Catholic chaplet bracelets I've been designing over the past 2 weeks.

I went to work - had some lunch at Greggs and saw some friends after work for a pint Smile

I went to the foot doctor.

I took many pills.

I ate two pork belly sandwiches without mayonnaise or mustard.
I bid NO Trump!

I had bad news about a close friend, so I gave her advice.

I had good news about my Mum and her health so I celebrated.

I had mixed news for friends about Halloween. I'm not going to host a Halloween party anymore because it's turning into a massive headache. So going out for drinks instead.

1. Woke up and then played some Elder Scrolls Online.
2. Swept and mopped the floors.
3. Getting ready for dinner and then watch a movie.
“Why is a raven like a writing-desk?”  [Image: 1f3a9.png]

shaved
showered
went to work
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!