Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Three tiers of awkwardness
Oooh thanks for the support guys! Confusedmile:

RIGHT back to front responses:

Post 10 - He says he's always known, but never acted upon it. Kept going on about "How do you meet other guys?" In a sort of frustrated way. And then he said he eventually decided to marry his wife... he said the decision wasn't the wrong one (while I was navigating my way past the crematorium). PS, nice work on the "reverse therapy" bit.

Post #9 - Good point.

Post #8 - I do deserve a university love! I knew it! And I have trouble imagining getting him fired (maybe even divorced) over this, coz he is a nice guy, just a troubled one. And he wasn't too drunk. Thank fuck.

Post #7 - Cheers for the good luck, but see post #9.

Post #6 - He's pays a guy for the publicity of being in a driving school thingy, but the money goes to him directly. And I hadn't thought that he might of already fancied me... That could put a whole new spin on things! =S And I'm really not sure whether I can totally confront him on this... I get the feeling he might be a little delicate now he's *completely* opened up to me...

Post #5 - Yes he was a bit drunk on his dual pedals. Almost eclipses the other two tiers, that one... I'm glad you found it funny! I was trying very hard to keep it lighthearted (considering the subject matter...). I also totally agree NOT MY RESPONSIBILTY!

I get the feeling tiers 2 and 3 would never have even come close to happening if not for tier 1... so I don't really know how to judge the situation.

He wouldn't have acted innapropriately if he had been sober; he should have been sober. Then again, as someone said, he might have got drunk wth the intention of being able to be innapropriate...

Post #4 - I could find a short notice instructor, but I'm scared that I might fall behind and not pass - I don't have enough money (by a long way) for that to be an option. Plu I don't think that the guy is coping very well with the whole thing at the moment... To the point where the social and proffessional barrier has blurred.

Oh dear oh dear. This is all very much stuff. I feel the need to batter hell out of the piano now...

So he married more out of frustration than out of a real choice?

I still think you should ask him to be professional about your license (for heaven's sake, you've paid good money which is hard to come by) and then maybe, if you feel so inclined (maybe after the driver's license, you might sit him down somewhere and have a comfortable chat and let him tell you all his woes, but again, only if that makes you feel comfortable.)

Oh I can sooooooo relate to bashing its life out of the piano. A great leveller of spirit.

Wilem Wrote:I don't think of him as an abuser as such... more of a deperate, lonely, drunk closet case of the highest order.

And I wanna just pass and forget all of this ... =D

Yet another example of someone who found no other solution to live than to jail themselves into what society had told them (taught them) was "respectable"...Society (and therefore upbringing and education) has a lot to answer for!!

shadow Wrote:Hokay babe, let me add my two penneth ...
One thing's for sure babe - you're going to make one hell of a driver if you can cope with that much stress behind the wheel ...

Bighug.

xxxxx

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

Glad to read your penneth now that you've given it some thought (it wasn't online last night) and to see that we have very similar approaches. I definitely think Wilem should burst the bubble of tension, as you said, by saying something about it having happened. Not necessarily judging it, but stating that it DID happen. Do you think you could handle facing him head on, Wilem, on that issue? Those issues?

To be honest, you should NOT have to mention his confession to you at this stage. Just put the guidelines back into place, where they were before the last session, where they ought to have been and where they weren't. So basically, follow Shadow's good ideas for a procedure. The rest is all social refinement. But at this stage, you need to get away from all this with a license...

I think he married because of the pressure as you say in post #13 - he didn't really say. Just that she's a 'nice girl'.

And bursting that bubble may prove to be very difficult - I'm not very confrontish. At all.

I liked it so much better when he was just a guy I did witty small talk at between manouvers. Or however you spell that. Grar.

maneuver, maneuvered, etc the N Amer spellings of manoeuvre, etc.
manoeuvre or (N Amer) maneuver
noun
1 a movement requiring, or performed with, skill or intelligence, eg one carried out by the driver of a vehicle or pilot of an aircraft.
2 a clever or skilful handling of affairs, often one involving deception or inventiveness.
3 military, navy
a (usually manoeuvres) a large-scale battle-training exercise by armed forces;
b a skilful or clever tactical movement of troops or ships, etc.
verb (manoeuvred, manoeuvring)
1 tr & intr to move something accurately and with skill o manoeuvred the car into the space.
2 tr & intr to use ingenuity, and perhaps deceit, in handling something or someone.
3 intrans to carry out military exercises.
4 tr & intr to change the position of (troops or ships, etc).
manoeuvrability noun.
manoeuvrable adj.
manoeuvrer noun.
[15c in obsolete sense 'hand-work': French, from Latin manu by hand + opera work.]

Wilem Wrote:I think he married because of the pressure as you say in post #13 - he didn't really say. Just that she's a 'nice girl'.

And bursting that bubble may prove to be very difficult - I'm not very confrontish. At all.

I liked it so much better when he was just a guy I did witty small talk at between manouvers. Or however you spell that. Grar.

I wasn't when I was your age babe (and, truth be told, I'm still not ...), but I think in order to make the situation more workable, it might be an idea to try and relieve the tension a bit ...

Perhaps you can even make him laugh (but just be mindful of where that might lead) - you managed to make what could have been a near-death experience cause tea to come out my nose ... so I know you have it in you ...

I hope that bashing the crud out your piano helped ... I wish I'd been able to hear it Confusedmile:.

xx

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

What's all this about battering and bashing, eh, Shadz.... ??? I didn't know you were into SM, lol.

shadow Wrote:I wasn't when I was your age babe (and, truth be told, I'm still not ...), but I think in order to make the situation more workable, it might be an idea to try and relieve the tension a bit ...

Perhaps you can even make him laugh (but just be mindful of where that might lead) - you managed to make what could have been a near-death experience cause tea to come out my nose ... so I know you have it in you ...

And I can force myself to be confrontational, I just tend not to like to piss people off, so it's not in my nature...

And LOL tea out your nose. I can see it now! :biggrin:

shadow Wrote:I hope that bashing the crud out your piano helped ... I wish I'd been able to hear it Confusedmile:.

<- My hands in August.

Wilem Wrote:<- My hands in August.

Nice Confusedmile:

It's been far too long since I heard Albert play Chopin, We really will have to excavate the piano ... Wink