Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ticklish Issue
Hi everyone, just found this forum and was hoping for a little advice or some kinda helpful info... I just started dating a guy a little while ago. We haven't "gone all the way" yet but have done some making out and messing around. We really like each other and being together. There's just one little problem I have whenever we're getting intimate. I happen to be extremely ticklish! Like really bad. And my sensitivity seems to amp up to 11 when I'm aroused.

When my boyfriend tries kissing my neck or chest or runs his hands over my midsection or my thighs I can't help but melt into a puddle of giggles. At first he thought it was cute but now it's becoming something of a nuisance. I don't really mind the feeling (actually I kind of enjoy it) but it's just a bit of a mood killer when I turn into a squirming, giggling mess at the slightest touch. Has anyone else had this problem and what did you do about it? Thanks for your input!

Oh snap!!! I used to be that ticklish. I still am if someone is purposely tickling me! I get a "knee jerk" reaction and it usually hits them right in the jaw. I DO warn them though, but they don't believe me until they get a face full of my knee.

I did some research online, and only found blogs and website posts for people with the same problems.......all women, no men. I did not find any suggestions or answers though.

The only thing I can think of is using an over the counter (OTC) skin numbing solution. The only ones I can think of are Orajel, Ambesol, Bengay, and Topracin. Of course Bengay smells, so I am sure you wont want that. I have never used Topracin, so I dont know if that smells or not. Orajel and Ambesol are skin numbing agents for teeth, but you can use them on other parts as well. One coating will usually last about 15 - 30 minutes, depending on how sensitive your skin is.

If you use these, be careful. You don't want to become addicted to them, and DONT tell your boyfriend you are using them to dull your sensitivity! IF you decide to use something like this, then be sure to wash your hands after applying to an area of your neck or wherever.

I don't recommend using these for this issue, but it might help a little until you get used to him.

The only other suggestion I can give, is talk to him about this. Tell him he needs to find some other areas on you that are not ticklish, until you get used to his touching you like that.

Hope that helps

That is nothing to be worried about.

If anything he should like you even more for it as it is a special trait.

No need to make mountains out of molehills!

Sensitivities can be "changed" with training and discipline. Aging also contributes to the process. Don't make it a "problem" to be avoided or simply accepted. Consider it a special trait just like mentioned before and own it as uniquely part of who you are as you grow and learn. Stay open to communicating about it and expect communication about. Ignoring externally while obsessing internally can lead to more complications than necessary.

I'd suggest an open agreement to experiment with it. How is it before physical exertion versus after your heart rate is up? How is it once that heart rate has been kept up for a time? You two plan, workout, measure and make it fun!
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

maybe he's touching you too lightly. Perhaps a stronger touch would reduce the giggles.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

Thanks for the advice guys. We talked about it. He doesn't mind that I'm so ticklish, except he was concerned that it felt uncomfortable or turned me off when his touches tickled, which it really doesn't. Also, he's now making a point of using his palms more and his fingers less in touching me which also helps some. I still can't stop squirming and cracking up from being touched in certain places but now that he knows that I am enjoying it and will tell him if I'm not he feels better and so do I.