Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tide Canada: Gay commercial
Hi everyone!
The new commercial 2014-2015 for Tide Canada is actually a gay couple.

Some would say it's a step up to use a gay couple for a national commercial NOT RELATED to gay rights or anything.

Others would say the couple barely touched each other compare to a regular commercial.

What do you think?

Personally, if i didn't know it was a gay couple I am not sure would of got it the first time watching.

Yes exactly, I think it could of been a little bit more obvious lol
Could be two roomate as far I am concerned lol

I don't know, they looked pretty gay to me haha.
Anyway, it's cute.
(I LOVE CANADA)

Saw this online last night, very cute.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

That touching was affectionate, more than what straight housemates would do, IMO. That, and other things made them seem like a couple.

I'm thrilled to see this sort of commercial. I've waited over thirty years for it. It did rely on some stereotypes, but they do that with straight people too. It's progress to be treated equally, even if not treated perfectly well.

The touching is a big clue. Also, the lisp in his voice.

they have to be respectful to a large audience or they will lose customers.

the conservatives will still go crazy over this but if gay people can't even tell then maybe others could care less.

share a kiss and the shit hits the fan.

you have to be respectful to peoples beliefs but also come to some kind of agreement.
the agreement can take years.

not to introduce yourself is considered extremely rude even among enemies.

I think it went far enough Smile. I don't think couples need to makeout period in TV commercials. It was clear they were a couple.

I think its a step in the right direction - why make it more gay just for a Tide commercial, its ok as it is, if they both stripped down to their tighty whities with a big package it would just never get shown and receive complaints

yeah, a step in the right direction. can be made better, scripted better, and shot a bit better, but it's a step.

I liked it and i like how there being presented as human beings without drawing a whole lot of attention to them being gay