Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tied and Fed
With the thread title, my head was thinking something waaayyyy different than this lol. I guess my mind lives in the gutter as well.

dynamodean Wrote:With the thread title, my head was thinking something waaayyyy different than this lol. I guess my mind lives in the gutter as well.

Very intentional Big Grin. The next video has a dirtyish title but it's actually not misleading lol.

BrianNorth Wrote:I've mentioned it in past videos Smile. I'm a senior tech for a wireless ISP. I went to college for computer science but I'm intending to work for myself in the nearish future hopefully.

Thanks. I wish you the best with that. I hadn't seen but one or two videos. I'm not a big fan of that kind of intimate friendly vid, as I find them a bit seductive and encouraging of a cult of personality. It seems to be based on physical cuteness, which isn't a vice, but I have to believe less attractive men couldn't really get a following, not even 400.

That said, I'm not a pop or rock music fan for similar reasons. The genre seems to encourage a sort of worship. Salacious titles just contribute to that general perception.

You're cute, but I'd rather either know you as a friend in person, or not. True instructional videos are great, but this series just feels like a ramped up sort of FB encounter.

BrianNorth Wrote:Poor Chris having to pose for the thumbnail lol. Thanks to everyone for helping me hit 400 subscribers! This challenge video is for you <3.

Channel itself can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/user/rawknrule

Was there a time limit or a competition to see who finished the bun first?
It's a good thing the buns weren't too hard.

Oh, please, Brian, don't expose your dirty underwear. What would your mother say? Wink

Hardheaded1 Wrote:Thanks. I wish you the best with that. I hadn't seen but one or two videos. I'm not a big fan of that kind of intimate friendly vid, as I find them a bit seductive and encouraging of a cult of personality. It seems to be based on physical cuteness, which isn't a vice, but I have to believe less attractive men couldn't really get a following, not even 400.

That said, I'm not a pop or rock music fan for similar reasons. The genre seems to encourage a sort of worship. Salacious titles just contribute to that general perception.

You're cute, but I'd rather either know you as a friend in person, or not. True instructional videos are great, but this series just feels like a ramped up sort of FB encounter.

I find that almost a bit insulting? Perhaps I read it wrong but the main point I read is you feel I'm exploiting people simply based on the way I look? People can't control the genetic hand they are dealt and I don't think the circumstances of that roulette should prevent someone from going after their dreams. There are certainly people whom extort their viewers/fans but I won't be among them. I'm eternally grateful for people who take time out to check out a video of mine. I hope they watch for the message/entertainment value of the video rather then if they happened to find me attractive.

I love making videos and having people to share them with has been among the most rewarding experiences I've had thus far. Either way I appreciate your articulation of how you feel as having experienced the opposite it's not fun. Cheers.

princealbertofb Wrote:Was there a time limit or a competition to see who finished the bun first?
It's a good thing the buns weren't too hard.

Yeah the way it works is every subscriber milestone we do a competition between us. So far I've won 2 and chris has won 1. We pretty much knew I'd win this one due to my giant head and mouth.

BrianNorth Wrote:I find that almost a bit insulting? Perhaps I read it wrong but the main point I read is you feel I'm exploiting people simply based on the way I look?

No, I think you are assuming I imputed motive, that you intended to exploit. Food is seductive and it has no will at all, and certainly no intent.

I'm sorry you are offended by it. But I do think there is something more to consider when you title a thread "Tied and Fed" or Bound and Bummed, or any other double entendre, and then protest that the audience isn't supposed to be seduced by the charm that follows in such deliberate fashion. I have good friends, but I've often found that charm-based life forms make me ultimately feel used.

Quote:People can't control the genetic hand they are dealt and I don't think the circumstances of that roulette should prevent someone from going after their dreams. There are certainly people whom extort their viewers/fans but I won't be among them. I'm eternally grateful for people who take time out to check out a video of mine. I hope they watch for the message/entertainment value of the video rather than if they happened to find me attractive.

You are certainly welcome to be you, and to pursue your dream. My commentary is mostly that a high degree of your popularity is based upon your looks. I'm quite certain that you could perform a control to your video experiment, and have unattractive people doing similar cute antics, and the popularity would be much lower, with or without the active campaigning of "please like my video." I'm not averse to attractive people, but I do think it worth noting that popularity, especially on gay web sites, has a high correlation to appearances and youth, in about that order.

Quote:I love making videos and having people to share them with has been among the most rewarding experiences I've had thus far. Either way I appreciate your articulation of how you feel as having experienced the opposite it's not fun. Cheers.

My remarks are meant to highlight that gay men, single or otherwise, often experience social anxiety when online friendship/intimacy is dangled before them, like some sort of reality show on steroids. That doesn't make you an intentional exploiter, nor assert that you should own other men's reactions. It is to state that I don't want to be drawn in to that sort of chumminess in videos, like a monitor is a window to a friendship. It isn't far removed from the morning news anchors and the banter there.