Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hope
I haven't had much hope for a long time and it gets worse every day -  but today this below gave me hope. 

“This is an awful man, waving a book he hasn’t read, in front of a church he doesn’t attend, invoking laws he doesn’t understand, against fellow Americans he sees as enemies, wielding a military he dodged serving, to protect power he gained via accepting foreign interference, exploiting fear and anger he loves to stoke, after failing to address a pandemic he was warned about, and building it all on a bed of constant lies and childish insanity.”

- Robert Hendrickson, Rector, Saint Philip’s in the Hills Episcopal Church

AMEN! Well spoken!
[-] The following 5 members Like eastofeden's post:
  • andy, Bhp91126, Bookworm, ChadCoxRox, InbetweenDreams

I don't think I could say that any better.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!
[-] The following 2 members Like InbetweenDreams's post:
  • andy, eastofeden

(06-03-2020, 01:15 PM)InbetweenDreams Wrote: I don't think I could say that any better.
 I agree.

I think it is beautiful to speak truth to power and this guy nailed it.

I would give him a hug and thank you if I could.

It's a good quote for sure. Frump is an asshat.

"I haven't had much hope for a long time and it gets worse every day" I hope you mean this in regards to just politics.

Bighug
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart
[-] The following 1 member Likes ChadCoxRox's post:
  • eastofeden

(06-03-2020, 01:39 PM)ChadCoxRox Wrote: It's a good quote for sure. Frump is an asshat.

"I haven't had much hope for a long time and it gets worse every day"  I hope you mean this in regards to just politics.

Bighug

Thanks ! It is just politics but the damage he has done is frightening for me. 

He reminds me of Randall Flagg in The Stand.
[-] The following 2 members Like eastofeden's post:
  • ChadCoxRox, InbetweenDreams

There is a great deal of cognitive dissonance when it comes to politics...and religion as well. I think a lot of people know that most of what Trump does is wrong and just like with the death of George Floyd, anyone who saw the video can tell you what happened there yet here locally people are angry over people who are planning a protest.

Psychology is weird. I know that most people cannot stand being wrong, or being called out. It's why things all too often get very nasty with name calling, insults, belittling and so on.

I do think there is hope. Make sure you vote and everyone you know votes, even if you have to yank them by the ear all the way to the voting booth.

@eastofeden That's crazy. Someone posted this photo on Facebook and I said "Is he playing Randall Flagg?"

[Image: 102378129_10158611597955166_7987073380102701056_o.jpg]
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!
[-] The following 2 members Like InbetweenDreams's post:
  • ChadCoxRox, eastofeden

LOL I wish those crowns were Big Mac boxes. LOL
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

(06-03-2020, 02:41 PM)ChadCoxRox Wrote: LOL I wish those crowns were Big Mac boxes. LOL

I thought they were when I first seen it
Check out my stuff!

That quote is fantastic, I may have to copy and save it.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!