Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time Travel
Doc Wrote:I think I'd like to fight in WW1, if you survived that war you knew you were tough.

Or just lucky.

Well if I were to travel back in time and was to be at historical event, probably Apollo 11. I think having the ever so rare and awesome opportunity to be on the moon is very very special and very much a symbol for human advancement.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

I would go back to 1666 just before the great fire of London
An eye for an eye

I want to travel back to 1963 before JFK was murdered
An eye for an eye

If I could witness everything, I would like to see world war two minus human suffering. Just the technological advancements. Sophisticated weapons like the Tiger tank the RAT, the V2 rockets, First jet fighter, The dominance of the carrier, development of sarin/tarin, the Beast computer and the rise of Enigma, guided bombs, the atomic bomb, The scientists of Blechley park, and others like Albert Einstein, Werner von broun, etc etc The Generals Think Patton, MacAuthor, Rommel, the leaders Roosevelt, Churchill, Stalin, Hitler.

Imagine being able to tell people you know how the story ends when they see pictures of Hitler at the Eifle tower when France fell or the Battle of Britain, or the pacific theater like Midway When the whole of the USA carrier fleet could have been destroyed by the Japanese. Or just before Pearl Harbor happened or after the launch of the Enola Gay. More technological advancements occurred in WW2 then probably any other time period in history!

Another great time to witness first hand would be like the show "the men who built america".
Conversations with Vanderbilt, Andrew Carnegie etc etc, would be awesome! Smile

Or going back to see Alexandria before it was burnt or Ancient Egypt or the biblical Babylon *I would have too much fun with a time machine!*
I would of course need some kinda translation device too though Big Grin.

SilverBullet Wrote:If I could witness everything, I would like to see world war two minus human suffering. Just the technological advancements. Sophisticated weapons like the Tiger tank the RAT, the V2 rockets, First jet fighter, The dominance of the carrier, development of sarin/tarin, the Beast computer and the rise of Enigma, guided bombs, the atomic bomb, The scientists of Blechley park, and others like Albert Einstein, Werner von broun, etc etc The Generals Think Patton, MacAuthor, Rommel, the leaders Roosevelt, Churchill, Stalin, Hitler.

Imagine being able to tell people you know how the story ends when they see pictures of Hitler at the Eifle tower when France fell or the Battle of Britain, or the pacific theater like Midway When the whole of the USA carrier fleet could have been destroyed by the Japanese. Or just before Pearl Harbor happened or after the launch of the Enola Gay. More technological advancements occurred in WW2 then probably any other time period in history!

Another great time to witness first hand would be like the show "the men who built america".
Conversations with Vanderbilt, Andrew Carnegie etc etc, would be awesome! Smile

Or going back to see Alexandria before it was burnt or Ancient Egypt or the biblical Babylon *I would have too much fun with a time machine!*
I would of course need some kinda translation device too though Big Grin.

I have an interesting video for you to watch about the mechanical computers that were used on the planes and such back in WWII, however...I can't find it and I NEED my coffee lol perhaps the lack of coffee is why I can't find it. As soon as I find it I will post it...

I mean mechnical computers sound pretty lame but when that's what you had to aim and fire weapons at a moments notice they're actually pretty cool and a pretty cool piece of machinery...
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

i would go back to the bastille .. lots of french people though im not really sure about that event in history .. but i do believe it's awesome ..

knickerbuck Wrote:i would go back to the bastille .. lots of french people though im not really sure about that event in history .. but i do believe it's awesome ..

I think you mean the storming of the Bastille during the French Revolution
An eye for an eye

i would go back to the day before a big lottery win and play those numbers!

I would go back to VE Day.
An eye for an eye