Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Performance in "The Who's Tommy"

Please let me know your thoughts- critiques are fine. If you are able to understand everything, opinion on interpretation, etc. I apologize for the poor quality of the recording- I was lucky to get one at all!

WOW WOW!!!!

What year are you in mate??

I went to see some friends on there final show and your preformce in my opinion was also at the same level.

Your acting skills and also you singing skills were excellent. Well done it looks very good indeed my friend.

I love this production. It has a lot going for it. The lights, the music, the glamor and YOU! You were WONDERFUL! You can sing well! I especially love the part where you rolled that boy in a barrel and then dragged him out of it LOL!

Whatever feelings your character was experiencing, you communicated them perfectly by treating the boy with the same feelings. And everyone's placement on stage gave the show great presence!

How long have you been acting? I've been a stage performer myself for many years now and I appreciate your show on many different levels so I know a good actor when I see one.

Keep up the good work!

Wow, great voice Ian! You got talent. Nice job! Confusedmile:

Sweetlad- Thank you! I just finished my second year of school, but I am attempting to graduate a year early and then apply to graduate schools in the Northeast.

Knightshade- THANKS!! The production was absolutely massive- what with a live band, extreme lighting, and motorized set changes, it was complete spectacle. I've been acting since middle school and have simply been doing as many shows as possible since. So about 6-7 years. You're a performer too? Whereabouts?

Bookworm- Thank you- you are very sweet!

Ian,

I'm a magician who performs mostly in Colorado now but I used to live in Mississippi. I have been into magic since I was 5 years old (I'm 46 now). I perform small time now but in my 20's and 30's I performed bigger shows........I used to perform with rabbits and doves but not anymore, too much up keep with live animals. But I have studied theater and acting, showmanship, psychology, hypnosis and Neuro-Linguistic Programming (I actually got certified as a clinical hypnotherapist years ago). And I have done stage hypnosis too.

I write my own scripts for my shows and direct, have dress rehearsals, and have wardrobe changes too! It's lots of fun!!

yo ian you did a great job with your singing and acting performance i loved it
great jobConfusedmile:

Bravo Ian but what a nasty role.... never liked the bully cousin in Tommy.... What a freak (unfortunately)!

I already left you a comment on your profile haha.

Cousin Kevin has to be a fun part to play, he's such a mean cunt :p. Like I said on your profile, this part of the movie used to give me nightmares as a child (that and Tina Turner's "Acid Queen").

Knightshade- what a COLORFUL background in stage performance! It must have been a blast to study all of those subjects and utilize them in performance. So great to hear of another playwright too... what's the market on Colorado like? I'm in New York... so very congested. Hypnosis sounds like a very good time as well!

Toomuch- thank you so much for your kind words

princealbertofb- haha- I'm glad it evoked some creep in you! Thanks

Orphanpip- feel like we've had this discussion! It is a fun role- not the most multidimensional character but you do what you can! Luckily I was given full liberty by the director to create whatever I wanted, and I actually blocked the song myself for the most part.