Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time for change!
I really think I need a change in my life, as I'm at Uni and I hate it, got no friends, no parter (f or m). I'm doing a Ba (Hons) Fine Art, I've got to the point where I have totally lost interest in the subject, and can't really go any fervor with this but if I quit the degree I'll have to look some where else to live as my parents have told me that if I leave the degree I'll have live some where else (kick out), the other degree I'm thinking of doing is BA (Hons) Creative Therapies in Education, which will led me on to social work what I want to do after Uni. It'll mean I'll have to stay at the same Uni but I'll be more into it. The Creative Therapies in Education degree only started this year thats why I didn't start Uni with that degree (before any one asks lol).

I'm worried about getting kick out though and staying at this Uni, as I'm starting to feel really lonely here, I only have drinking friends who I find really boring now as I've stop drinking, and for getting kick out I'm worried about finding a place to live while in the summer..

But maybe getting kick out may help but not how lol!

Any ideas what i should do??

Sorry guys I have a lot of problems, I think thats why I dont have many friends lol!

My mind feels like a war zone, don't know if I'm coming or going with my life, I'm fed up with it all (BTW that doesn't mean I what to my kill my self if any one is thinking that lol). I just want a more interesting life with other people and not on my own all the time. I feel like I'm going to totally lost it at times which scares me.

Sorry about chatting like this but I just what to get it off my chest....

I dont believe that you really have that many problems but you are questioning your place in your own world. I am not sure if you are constantly pestering your friends with these issues non-stop. I have a friend who does this and it can get annoying to casual friends but for people like me I enjoy a deeper conversation and try to get to the bug in his life. btw, my friend is also a scorpion...

Maybe you need to find a new group of friends - yeah, easier said than done but if ya just got drinking buddies and youve stopped drinking then seems that you need to move onto a new set of relationships.

Hope you can find some relief on this site as there are a lot of really great people willing to add their help and assistance.

Us Scorpios are like that lol!

Cheers for that dude.

Only problem being a 2nd year at uni, its really hard to make new friends....

sweetlad86 Wrote:My mind feels like a war zone, don't know if I'm coming or going with my life, I'm fed up with it all (BTW that doesn't mean I what to my kill my self if any one is thinking that lol). I just want a more interesting life with other people and not on my own all the time. I feel like I'm going to totally lost it at times which scares me.

Sorry about chatting like this but I just what to get it off my chest....

No reason to say sorry for getting something off your chest... if it is bothering you and it helps to chat away on GS then chat all you need...

I dont know your greater interest but I am sure that there must be like minded people at uni. I was interested in film but in computer science as a first major. I was horrible at programming and joined the student film group and the next year became chairperson of the committee. Met some of my best friends thru that group and even a couple decades after ending uni we are all still best friends though have moved to various parts of the world.

Groups at uni are great because you can come in, just sit back for a while and see what it is all about and if ya can find a greater use within the group then you can step forward and become more vocal which will bring you more notice and more like minded people to your world... that is how it seems to work, at least for me...

sweetlad86 Wrote:Only problem being a 2nd year at uni, its really hard to make new friends....

I find this a bit of an odd statement... dont know why any year is more difficult to make friends than another year... seems like a poor excuse to me!

Newport Uni is'nt very good for there groups, people don't seen very interested in any thing here. Last year I tried joining three or four groups but they all stop because there wasn't enough people joining them. I thought when I joined this Uni it felt really friendly but now it doesn't at all. Sorry if I sound like I'm saying no to what you are saying but I've tried most things like clubs and that with the uni and they never work because of the numbers. People at this Uni only seen interested in getting drunk, the inly people who don't are the religious groups here, I cant really join them because my views wouldn't be accepted lol!

fjp999 Wrote:I find this a bit of an odd statement... dont know why any year is more difficult to make friends than another year... seems like a poor excuse to me!

Because people at this Uni are strange, especially this year's the first years have not been that friendly to any one lol!

Guess people think I'm strange too lol!

Basically at the moment what ever I do, it feels like I'm doing some thing wrong, I put people off talking to me, and I don't know how to change it. In other words it feels like a dark cloud over my head where ever I go, people are going out of their way not to talk to me..