Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time management tips anyone?
Hey guys,

Does anyone have any tips regarding time management on being able to manage ones time better? As some of you know I'm a university student but I seem to have trouble managing my time all of the time. In my case I feel I work too hard and do too much rather than too little. I've tried having me time but I just can't settle and feel guilty when I don't do work or have a break. I do feel tired at times and like I have no life so I'm just wondering how can I manage myself better?

Cheers, :-)

p.s. I currently don't have a part time job so I don't have that to think about.

mrk2010 Wrote:Hey guys,

Does anyone have any tips regarding time management on being able to manage ones time better? As some of you know I'm a university student but I seem to have trouble managing my time all of the time. In my case I feel I work too hard and do too much rather than too little. I've tried having me time but I just can't settle and feel guilty when I don't do work or have a break. I do feel tired at times and like I have no life so I'm just wondering how can I manage myself better?

Cheers, :-)

p.s. I currently don't have a part time job so I don't have that to think about.

I'm not the most super organized person in the world but I can do better than tread water and I almost never feel like I'm drowning in chores...

One thing I read that works pretty well for me is to deal immediately with whatever crosses your path. You get a piece of mail that needs some attention, or something crosses your desk, don't put it off. Just address the matter right now, ASAP, and get it out of your way.

But when things start to pile up, that's when you need to start making a list of priorities. Admittedly this is where I start to go astray at times. I'll overemphasize the little stuff that could be put off, and put off the more important stuff.

Basically, like a lot of things, the better you know yourself and the more honest you can be the better you'll do. Wasting time is basically screwed up priorities.

Good luck.
Smile

No I mean I work too hard, I don't procrastinate, I just feel like I cant switch off, a bit like over working,

When I was at university, I was the most ill-organised student you could want to meet, but I muddled through to get my degree..! All you have to worry about is getting those assignments in on time. Didn't I just love those 5000 word essays and Cramming for exams the life of a higher-education student.....!!!

Peepwall

Oh dear lol I'll try

mrk2010 Wrote:No I mean I work too hard, I don't procrastinate, I just feel like I cant switch off, a bit like over working,

Oh, you're a workaholic?

Pot, meet Kettle.

Smile

Well, that's easy. Like other addictions you're probably working so hard in order to hide from something. What is it you don't want to face?

Hello Mister,
I used to find what works best is a daily roster so divide a piece of paper into square and each square you set out as a time and between the times on there in say red... Those are the times for working and in green is times of socializing and blue is times of relaxing.

kindest regards

zeon x

I don't know, I just get a shear feeling of horror when I'm given an assignment, it's like Oh my god how am I going to do this? It needs doing now. It's like I want it done then and there, it's just the fact I've been dosing off to sleep in the day that's made me think my uni work is kind of taking over my life. This weekend I promised myself a weekend of and low and behold I was hitting the books.

mrk2010 Wrote:I don't know, I just get a shear feeling of horror when I'm given an assignment, it's like Oh my god how am I going to do this? It needs doing now. It's like I want it done then and there, it's just the fact I've been dosing off to sleep in the day that's made me think my uni work is kind of taking over my life. This weekend I promised myself a weekend of and low and behold I was hitting the books.

Are you the type of person who is uncomfortable eating alone in a restaurant? Or going to watch a film by yourself?

Can you stand to just be alone, in your own company, doing nothing?

Maybe that's why you let your studies consume all of your "free" time. You might be afraid of confronting YOURSELF.

Just food for thought.

Yeah that does sound like me a bit, I always need to be with someone to do things even if it's something like going to a meeting or something and drag one of my friends along. It might just be insecurity.