Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time to gloat
Yes it's time to gloat! Why? because sometimes gloating helps you realize that you're one special person and that beside revealing all that went bad in your life, you can sometimes gloat about what you did good. So I want you guys and gals to tell us what are you very proud of. Don't worry, you can be proud of anything, I really want to see here what you've proud of.

For myself per example, my son Sacha is entering kindergarten, last year we (Jake and I) almost lost our son Sacha as he was battling Leukemia cancer. Jake and I have done the impossible to get him cured, I postponed my studies, Jake has postponed all his activities and almost resigned as CEO of his own company he has created 15 years ago to care for Sacha. Our family was on pause, we didn't know if we would lose him and last week I went shopping for Sacha' school material and watching him running around with his siblings means that we did the right thing. I can't hide that when I'll release his hand to let him go to his school, I'll be hiding in my car crying like Mary Magdalene. We made it, we beat the disease and I'm proud we didn't let go. So many told us that Leukemia wasn't curable. Sure, Jake and I have the money, but money doesn't always save life, I am a doctor and have been working as a nurse in Shriner's hospital for children for more then 5 years, I have seen daddies and mommies leaving the hospital without their sons or daughters and come back with a ring of flower. We didn't have to do that and I'm proud of how Jake and I handled it.

Your turn...

Thinking about getting a stripper pole.

What a great thread! Lets all gloat a little. We deserve it.
I am proud that after 30 years in auto restoration, I can take a hunk of crap old car and make it look awesome! I am proud that at 47 years old, I found the guy I hope to spend the rest of my life with.
I am proud to have made a couple good friends on this forum and hope to make many more.

Anocxu Wrote:Thinking about getting a stripper pole.

Just the stripper pole or the stripper that comes with it lol

Alex Wrote:Just the stripper pole or the stripper that comes with it lol
The stripper will be me...
Upload vids?

CarGuy65 Wrote:What a great thread! Lets all gloat a little. We deserve it.
I am proud that after 30 years in auto restoration, I can take a hunk of crap old car and make it look awesome! I am proud that at 47 years old, I found the guy I hope to spend the rest of my life with.
I am proud to have made a couple good friends on this forum and hope to make many more.

You and I have much to talk about Smile At 22 my husband bought me an old Rolls Roys Phantom 1950, mechanics is one of the things my dad left me in heritage and I worked on it for months and turned it back to its old glory with friends of course, but it runs and works well... we have much to talk about Smile

Anocxu Wrote:The stripper will be me...
Upload vids?

Do you do birthdays hahahahha?

Alex Wrote:Do you do birthdays hahahahha?
I do now!
Lmao.....

I'm actually uncertain if this is really gloating.

gloat
glōt/
verb
verb: gloat; 3rd person present: gloats; past tense: gloated; past participle: gloated; gerund or present participle: gloating
contemplate or dwell on one's own success or another's misfortune with smugness or malignant pleasure.

There is nothing smug about this accomplishment. Having worked with terminal patients and other people who were not terribly well, winning over any disease/disorder for no matter how short or long a period of time is a win - and well worth talking about and taking comfort and relief and even a bit of dwelling on the success.

Parenting is a hard thing to do in the best of circumstances, when dealing with a sick child, especially one that is facing the challenges of a disease or disorder that doesn't have a great recovery rate is perhaps the hardest thing a person can ever do.

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:I'm actually uncertain if this is really gloating.

gloat
glōt/
verb
verb: gloat; 3rd person present: gloats; past tense: gloated; past participle: gloated; gerund or present participle: gloating
contemplate or dwell on one's own success or another's misfortune with smugness or malignant pleasure.

There is nothing smug about this accomplishment. Having worked with terminal patients and other people who were not terribly well, winning over any disease/disorder for no matter how short or long a period of time is a win - and well worth talking about and taking comfort and relief and even a bit of dwelling on the success.

Parenting is a hard thing to do in the best of circumstances, when dealing with a sick child, especially one that is facing the challenges of a disease or disorder that doesn't have a great recovery rate is perhaps the hardest thing a person can ever do.
I agree it's not completely gloating Bowyn, but at the same time the reason why I gloat about it is mostly based on the fact that so many of our entourage were condemning our son to death already, many said that we were wasting money trying to fix him. I spent two weeks away from my husband in the Shriner's hospital in NY and yet I had so many defeatism come back saying that we were wasting our time. That's where the gloating part came from, we did not listen to them, yes it cost us a bundle but we succeed and Sacha is alive. Jake is a hard shell to break, I'm a tad more sensitive and almost gave up but not him, never did he and he passed that onto me. We would have go to the end of the world to save him. Jake even went in China to inquire about a possible cure.