Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time to gloat
Alex Wrote:I agree it's not completely gloating Bowyn, but at the same time the reason why I gloat about it is mostly based on the fact that so many of our entourage were condemning our son to death already, many said that we were wasting money trying to fix him. I spent two weeks away from my husband in the Shriner's hospital in NY and yet I had so many defeatism come back saying that we were wasting our time. That's where the gloating part came from, we did not listen to them, yes it cost us a bundle but we succeed and Sacha is alive. Jake is a hard shell to break, I'm a tad more sensitive and almost gave up but not him, never did he and he passed that onto me. We would have go to the end of the world to save him. Jake even went in China to inquire about a possible cure.

I see, so you are surrounded by morons and idiots... Those type tend to talk much, but say little of importance. :biggrin:

Oh Bowyn you have no idea hahahahha

TwisttheLeaf Wrote:- I emancipated from my parents at 16.
- At 17, I was in a car accident that resulted in repairs and replacements in a good portion of right hand side including repairs to the ribcage and my back.
- Because of this accident and the subsequent repairs, I will be required to do physiotherapy every day, whether I want to or not, for the rest of my life.
- I will also never be pain-free. No matter how much physio, yoga, chiropractic care, acupuncture, etc that I do, nor how many pain killers I take to help on the days when there's just no other way to tolerate it.
- I've lived in some serious shit holes, friends couches and, briefly, in my car.
- I've dealt with dysthymia and major depressive episodes (including suicidal urges) all my life.
- I am both hypoglycemic and deal with a hyper metabolism. These two issues, when combined, have landed me in the hospital more times than I can count.
- I have sold favors for cash to make rent or afford food.
- I have been stalked, attacked, and raped by an ex who couldn't let go.
- I have also survived a home invasion (hired by the ex mentioned above) where I briefly died on my kitchen floor and was resuscitated.
- I work four separate part time jobs (and run a small internet based business on the side) just to make ends meet.

It may not seem like it, but this is not a list of hardships or complaints. It's my gloat.

Why?

Because, despite all of the above....

- I still managed to put myself through high school and graduate.
- At 20, I signed a lease on a condo in Seattle in which I still live and have never been late on a payment.
- I've been (alibi slowly) putting myself through uni.
- I have a twin sister who loves me, faults and all.
- I enjoy what I do.
- I have an amazing partner.

Despite the different hardships I've been through, despite all that's happened to hold me back.... I'm a survivor. I manage to continue to not just survive, but thrive, and hold true to the values, ethics, and moral compass that helps me navigate life with integrity.

I'm happy.

And that's something that a -lot- of people can't seem to find. But goddamnit, I found it. And it's mine.

Thanks for this Twist... Ever thought of making a movie out of your experience? I am a screenwriter and I'm writing my own story at the moment, I believe yours would make such a great documentary film.