Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tips for proposing
So it's been 4 years now, and I'm starting to feel a certain way...

I'm thinking of proposing to my bear in the next year or so Heartface... we have our ups and downs but I really can't stop thinking about him and it's been such a long time. I was getting a card and some things for his birthday tomorrow and all of it cheered me up; knowing how he's going to react to it. I'm not entirely sure yet whether I'm going to go ahead with all this but I'm leaning towards it... We've talked about it before hypothetically and he always says yes, sincerely... kinda scared though too

What would you say would be a good way to propose to somebody?

Bring him the official papers to sign?
"Dear lover, would you mind coming down to the Registry Office with me today?"
I really don't know. I think it's something you've both got to discuss... Maybe he'll be wanting to surprise you with the same thing?

In my opinion, you should keep it a surprise, but keep it open. All because you ask the question doesn't mean his answer should be final, Nor should an answer be expected of him. In my opinion, its the gesture that counts.

"I" personally might do it a bit like this:
Kiss boyfriend, Then whisper in ear something like" I've been thinking about this for a while, and i don't want you to panic, your answer doesn't have to be final, we can discuss it later."

Get down on one knee and ask the question.

But thats just what i think.:redface:
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

That's amazing Sil, WOW! I am so jealous, of what you have, the way you feel. That must be super to wake up everyday knowing you love, and are loved.

If I were to propose, I would search for exclusivity! A private island, beach, rock... lol. You get the gist. A nice picnic meal from his fave restaurant. Lots of wine and then seduce him slyly. During, teasing pop the question! Would you do it with a ring, or...?

Take him for a drive to a registry office and go, "Huh, how the hell did we end up in here? Well hey, since we're here ... etc." :biggrin:

Or

Take him to the place where you guys first met each other?

Sil, congrats and good luck in advance!

Jay Wrote:Take him for a drive to a registry office and go, "Huh, how the hell did we end up in here? Well hey, since we're here ... etc." :biggrin:

Or

Nice idea, but it may be a little crowded, depending on the place...

My bf and I agreed that it was about time we made it official. Terribly unromantic but it worked. We are now in the middle of planning our big day.

Good Luck.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

Oh, how very lovely! I'm welling up here :redface:

Sincerely, however you do it, I wish you the best. Congratulations to you, your bear and Fred and his man too!

One day ...

Aaycle Wrote:That's amazing Sil, WOW! I am so jealous, of what you have, the way you feel. That must be super to wake up everyday knowing you love, and are loved.

If I were to propose, I would search for exclusivity! A private island, beach, rock... lol. You get the gist. A nice picnic meal from his fave restaurant. Lots of wine and then seduce him slyly. During, teasing pop the question! Would you do it with a ring, or...?

I wish I could ^_^ tropical island proposal would be incredible... there's some monuments and scenic places dotted around here, even some beaches but they're cold at this time of year. I'll never say no to wine and seduction! yeah I was thinking of getting a ring eventually, will have to find out what size. He has crazy sized paws Tongue

Jay Wrote:Take him for a drive to a registry office and go, "Huh, how the hell did we end up in here? Well hey, since we're here ... etc." :biggrin:

Or

Thanks dude *hugs*

Heh heh I love this first one... "whoops! let's get married" is my favourite so far ^_^

lol I would but we first met at a train station, then went on to this kinda average bar in town for some drinks. It's a cool idea though, just a shame we didn't meet up somewhere more exotic Smile

marshlander Wrote:Oh, how very lovely! I'm welling up here :redface:

Sincerely, however you do it, I wish you the best. Congratulations to you, your bear and Fred and his man too!

One day ...

Awww don't, you'll get me going too :redface:

thanks Marshy! I hope it all goes well, it all seems a bit mad now I'm taking it seriously... you're too kind.

I second that ^^ congrats Fred

Marsh, one day.... :redface::biggrin:

Congratulations to you Fred and to your boyfriend, and well, I don't think the station would be the nicest place for that, but it would be surprising if you dared to ask on one knee in the station among all the passengers... Who's filming it??? Wink