Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To Wii or not to Wii...
Hey boys,with the Christmas season coming up,I'm confused about what game console to get.The PS3 was launched earlier but it was very expensive and now the Wii has just arrived.Which one do you reckon is better?Seems that I can get the Wii experience with the EyeToy on my PS2 already.

If it's a gift to someone, get the Wii. It's cheap, but not in the bad way.

If the console is for yourself, personally, I'd wait till' after christmas and get the PS3 with the new Hard drive upgrade and what not.
Unless, did they alrdy come out with that? I dunno.. Anyways, PS3 all the way! Smile

I want both a PS3 and Wii. The PS3 for my Final Fantasy adventures, and the Wii because it is just fun to do anything on the Wii (plus, Smash Bros. and Zelda). Sadly, I can afford neither, nor do I have the time anymore to play games in general. I really want beat GTA: San Andreas too!

DAMn! Unfortunately I'm also busy to play games much anymore, but you Totally reminded me about Super Smash Bros.!!! I would get the Wii just for that game and that game only!

I know. I was very addicted to Smash Bros. Melee. I was either Roy or Jigglypuff. Jigglypuff for his awesom hidden ultra move, which pissed my friends off to no end, and Roy because his attacks are very strong, plus out of all the characters he was the sexiest IMO.

Wii all the way! =D

I've had a Wii for a while now, and it's been a great system... mayhap Nintendo's been lazy with cranking out games, they've at least produced some gems (such as the RE4 Wii edition). But yeah... above all I just can't wait for the new SSB to come out... it's like the best thing before Halo! Heck, arguably better in some ways!

But then again, I am a complete Nintendo fan-boi and have been all my life... so I guess I'm a tad skewed in this, but it seems like the PS3 is a new system with all the gadgets of the old one. While now you do have a hard-drive built into the system, better graphics, and other stoofs, it's still a bit of a problem to have a system that costs around $600 just to have virtually the same system. Besides! Think of all the phalic jokes you can make with Wii games! =D (Mario Party 8 being one... many of the games you simulate jerking off to accomplish goals...)

But all in all: just go with which one you think you'll enjoy more. Whether it be the games that are high-graphics and more mature (well, usually...), or the games that are more party-oriented and cartoony, it's really up to the question of how much you want to spend for a system that's much like it's predecessor.

Whilst I went out and bought the Wii straight away when it was released over here, and I have really enjoyed playing with it, it is the next-gen console I use the least I must admit.

The gimmick-value of playing games like Wii Sports and Wii Play means that it's always a fun console to play with, not to mention coping very well with games like RE4 and Zelda, and it's cheap as chips to pick up, so it's got a LOT going for it ...

The PS3 is a great console with some STUNNING games available for it, but even as I sit here typing this, I'm actually playing on my X-Box 360 (I'm a WHORE for Conan at the moment), which is, I feel, still the best (JUST pipping the PS3 to the posts).

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

It depends on if you are into graphics or interactive gameplay. I love the wii because its interactive but also love the ps3 for its intense graphics.

Ok the Wii is like impossible to buy, im kinda lucky got mine the day it was announced practically sold out everywhere (free with contract!)

Its mad.. I know 4 people which have sold second hand Wii's for £400 or over :l
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

4get what they say! it actually depends on how big your pockets R(I.E.-how much Ur willing 2 spend on the machine as well as games!).