Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To be alone and happy.
Oh Fenris, words of wisdom my friend... although some of us are blessed with wonderful uncomplicated partners... Confusedmile:

princealbertofb Wrote:Oh Fenris, words of wisdom my friend... although some of us are blessed with wonderful uncomplicated partners... Confusedmile:

my partner is not blessed .... he has ME ... I´m not uncomplicated ... but yes ... I ´m wonderful ...very wonderful :biggrin:

*watching for lightnings* *dear goddess .... its meee ... you know .... hum... ok ... I´m well-behaved... again*

lolilolilolilol!

Although, I'm pretty new to GS, I have to say thank you for keeping this thread open. I this is the point I've gotten to in my life. And I'm not sure what to do about it.

I took myself to dinner once and everyone was staring at me like I was mad.

Anyway, cheers to being alone . . . for now.

Here was I thinking I was unique for enjoying my own space and being a happy single gay guy, and it turns out there are alot more out there in a similar situation, I just hadn't met any!
Most of the gay people I used to know just couldn't wait to rush headlong into a new relationship the second they were on the singles market, and quite honestly, they seemed to thrive on all the drama it brought with it. If that's what floats your boat, fine, no problem, but to me it just seemed an incredible waste of energy and resources.
( I'm not being judgmental here, its just an observation and my own personal opinion ) Confusedmile:

I would much rather spend my time working on my own development and see what pans out. Once you are comfortable and at peace with your own state of being, your inner self will project outwards subconsciously and attract like-minded people to you; people who you can connect/resonate with on a deeper level and have a much more meaningful relationship.

XRIMO - nice tattoo's btw. I recognize the star one on your hand from somewhere? I'm sure it will come back to me :biggrin:

I heard that long time no love will make you lose the ability to love. thats scared of me.
I do have the same feeling as you do, but I'd like to quote it as I am alone and enjoy being alone most of time, whereas still holding a hope that I could see the one one day. This is not positive and a little bit pathetic.

If you cant be happy alone, how can you hope to be happy in a relationship? I spent the majority of my adult life in relationships and around 33 realized that I had missed out on something. I am quite enjoying dating with boundries and living my life with the intention of bettering myself rather than being part of a "we". I wont say that I will never recommit, but it isnt something I am actively seeking.