Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To fast???
I started talking to a guy and we ended up only being like 10 miles away from each other and were even in the same grade. Nothing about it seems like he's a pedo or anything but now he wants to hang out on friday I'm not against it but i feel that it would be pretty awkward to hangout so soon. I need advice on what I should do It's happening way to fast for me to process it all :o..

Uhmmm...how can he be a pedo if he is in the same grade and the same age...do you actually know what a pedo is?

I mean in the way of someone acting as if there a 18 year old but is actually like 40+

Are you saying he's a teacher? :confused:

If he's a teacher then let your parents know, and be sure your teacher knows that they know (or that they don't allow it), assuming of course you meet with him outside of school at all. If his intentions are honorable then that shouldn't bother him, and he should understand why they might not be comfortable with it if they're not as well. (Btw, while adults and kids can mix together in healthy ways I'm very wary of adults who seem to think of themselves as a kid in an adult body.)

If he's your age then I don't know what's going on. When I was 17 I got with people my own age on Friday whom I barely knew all the time anyway. If you're uncomfortable then be sure to meet publicly and/or have a friend of yours with you.

assume he is the same age:
ask him what his plans for Friday are. Correct his thinking as you need. Enjoy the date.

It's always smart to either take your time, or meet in a public place the first time. Better to be sure he is what you expect him to be.

If it feels to you that things are going too fast, slow them down. You have the power to do that. I suggest you talk on the phone 1st. Too much communication is lost with chat and texts. (I know most teens don't get this, but just believe me.) If he turns out weird on the phone, you should be able to block his number right? If all goes well then it may be time to meet somewhere public, with an option to go to a movie or something if you want.

I just ended a relationship that developed too fast. It would have been much better for both of us if I had slowed it down early on.