Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Today,I voted
With a little help from all my mates,I woke up at the crack of dawn today with the intention of avoiding the long qeues at my polling station and meeting up with my chommies.My oh my was I wrong,living in the innercity can be really shiteous at times.The line was LONG but it was moving along nicely.The general mood amongst the people was very jolly,optimistic even.People were meeting old friends,discussing the matter at hand,drinking coffee and sharing their muffins...yum!What I noticed though was the lack of youth votes,maybe they had better things to do like nursing their hangovers?Anyhow it was jolly good to see our old citizens come out in their numbers.Overheard one elderly lady saying that the reason she didn't vote on Monday,which was reserved for the elderly,pregnant etc was because she too wanted to be part of this excitement,the election fever.Trust my friends NOT to pitch up at my voting station so I was all on my own,doesnt matter though because I these guys kept me company for the whole 2 hours that I was there.
At last,I made my way into the station and went to check my name in the voters roll.Surprise surprise,I'm not the only Daniel W in CT,was starting to panic when the lady indicated that she couldn't find this particular Dan W on her database!Thankfully she found it soon after,moved over to get my thumb inked (I really hate this) afterwards I was issued with my two ballot paper : provincial & national then I retreated into the booth.I must admit,for a second there,I was considering not voting for my party,nerves I tell ya!Eventually made my two "Xs",walked over to the two ballot boxes and I did my thing,easily the proudest moment of my year! Right now I'm waiting for the results to trickle in as counting has started countrywide.I'm hoping that my one little tiny voice will turn into millions and only then can change come in the Western Cape...and the rest of the country later on.

that is very lovly dan good about voting!Confusedmile: i voted befor .

Ugh,the only damper today was the British Biased Corp's overly negative coverage of the elections.I don't understand the British media's obsession with slandering my country.On the other side of the coin,Al Jazeera has proved why they're the best intl. news channel by giving out balanced,neutral news items.

found this inspiring... though dont know about the title...

CONGRATULATIONS ON 80% TURNOUT!!! HOLLY FUCK THAT IS AMAZING!!!